Breastfeeding

Intense burning sensation after feeds

LO is 3 weeks old and been EBF since birth. Recently, after she feeds both breasts have a pretty intense burning sensation for about an hour, in the breast not around the nipple. Doctor said it's normal and not an infection, but how long will this last? It's so intense sometimes it brings tears to my eyes. It eventually goes away until the next feeding. Has anyone else had this problem? Or suggestions for alleviating it? Thanks!

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: Intense burning sensation after feeds

• That doesn't sound normal to me, is your Dr. a LC?  You might want to talk to a IBCLC or  LLL leader about it.  If you get thrush in your milk ducts it can cause a burning feeling... but there are some other causes that might only be diagnosed with a interview and a visit in person.... if it keeps up, I'd seek a second opinion.  I have heard that some women have symptoms like this when they get their period, so if you get it back soon- maybe that's it.
  • That sounds like thrush.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Loading the player...
  • imagehaleymay18:
    That sounds like thrush.

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like thrush.  Were you GBS positive?  The antibiotics could have caused it. 
  • MA&CBMA&CB member
    I agree, sounds like thrush.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"