Want to be the moderator for the Military Families board? — The Bump
Military Families

Want to be the moderator for the Military Families board?

Complete the questions below and email them to us at [email protected] with "Military Families" in the subject line.

------

1. How long have you been active in community?

2. What board or boards are your favorites? Would you be willing to moderate any of these boards?

3. How often do you visit the boards and about how much time do you spend per visit?

4. Describe how you are already fulfilling a leadership role on your favorite board.

5. What is the best way to handle disagreements on the boards?

6. How would you like to see The Bump respond when there's a problem?

7. In the past, have you stayed neutral during heated discussions?

8. What is your username?

------

In order to become a volunteer moderator, you must:

*Be an experienced poster. Nope, you don?t need all the blue squares, but you do need to be a regular poster who spends a few hours on the boards each week.

*Plan to stick around.  We?ll need the volunteers to commit to a few hours a week of reading and posting.

*Be accepting of others' beliefs -- even when they?re seriously wrong.

We greatly appreciate each and every application we get, but might not be able to respond to all of them.  If we feel you?ll make a good moderator, we?ll be in touch.

----------

If you are concerned that we are trying to change the dynamic on this board, this is definitely not the case. We just want to be able to address any issues you are encountering on the site quickly. It's much easier for us to get up to speed and troubleshoot a problem if a moderator can fill us in.

Re: Want to be the moderator for the Military Families board?

• It would be a definite waste of my time.

ETA: Especially since my response to this question would be laughter.

How would you like to see The Bump respond when there's a problem? 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • I would love to be a moderator, but I feel *this* might stop me, especially on this board.

"*Be accepting of others' beliefs -- even when they?re seriously wrong." If nobody else wants to do it, I will though..

• Loading the player...
  • What do the blue squares even mean?! I have zero on both TB and TN, but over 3,000 posts.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/5cy92q.jpg[/IMG]
  • image sgsl2009:
    What do the blue squares even mean?! I have zero on both TB and TN, but over 3,000 posts.

If I can recall correctly the blue squares are earned with so many posts. 

Back in the day when they did the big change over to how the nest is now there used to be "bump testicles" and people lost theirs. That's why you may see people with the blue filled in dots in their siggies.

Also everyone's post count reset to zero when they changed over to the new bump format too. 

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/rka6nk.jpg[/IMG]
    6/50
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards