D.C. Area Babies

Goodbye gift for in-home provider?

I just got a new job location and will have to move my son from his in-home provider.  She is like a family member and I am heartbroken about this change.  She took care of my DD from infant to 4 when we moved her to preschool, and she is now taking care of my son who she has had since an infant.  My last day of work is June 30th and I am thinking of giving her some kind of nice gift of appreciation but don't know what.  Maybe a gift card and note?  I feel guilty for moving my son and taking this new job.  I don't want to give too much so it seems insincere but enough for her to know how much I appreciate all of the love and support she has given my kids over the years.   Ug, this is hard.

Re: Goodbye gift for in-home provider?

• I get our DCP gift cards to Red Door spa for christmas/birthday- I usually do it for a pedicure and include the tip so she doesn't have to spend a cent.

She's usually pretty happy with it :) It's not something she'd spend the money on herself for. So it's really a treat.

That's a bummer you have to leave her. But maybe you can find someone else who's just as good...

• I agree with the gift card idea - to somewhere nice where she would like to go but wouldn't normally treat herself. Also, maybe include a framed picture of her with your kids or something handmade by them - a card or a framed drawing? So sad for you that you have to make a change! I'm sure you'll find someone just as wonderful!

FWIW, my mother-in-law STILL talks fondly about the inhome provider who took care of my DH and BIL when they were babies - 30 years ago!! It's hard to let them go!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"