South Florida Babies

convertible cribs

I've narrowed down the cribs I like using the crib finder tool on BRU.  I see there are 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 convertible cribs.  I like that they grow with all stages and they can even be used as headboards for a regular-sized bed, but I am also thinking that since we are planning on having more kids maybe the 3-in1 is enough b/c by the time this baby is old enough for a regular bed we could use the crib for baby #2.

If you got a convertible crib, do you plan on using it for the baby all the way until they are ready for their adult bed or did you reuse the crib for the next baby and purchase a regular bed anyway?

Re: convertible cribs

• I plan on using it all the way.  But I also am not planning on having another for a very long time.
  • We have a convertible crib and have used it as a crib and toddler bed so far. The next stage would be a full sized bed which I think Sophie is too little for, personally. So...now that we have #2 coming the toddler bed will be put back into a crib and Sophie is getting a big girl room.

Honestly, tho, the fact that the crib turned into a toddler bed was a life saver because once she started hopping the railing we did not have to go out and buy something new and figure out where to out the crib...we just converted it and voila - instant toddler bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMellyMelB:

We have a convertible crib and have used it as a crib and toddler bed so far. The next stage would be a full sized bed which I think Sophie is too little for, personally. So...now that we have #2 coming the toddler bed will be put back into a crib and Sophie is getting a big girl room.

Honestly, tho, the fact that the crib turned into a toddler bed was a life saver because once she started hopping the railing we did not have to go out and buy something new and figure out where to out the crib...we just converted it and voila - instant toddler bed.

Mel, what kind of bed will you be getting for Sophie? 

• Very cute, Mel!  She could use that well into her teenage years.
  • Ours is convertible, but not the kind that turns into a headboard. I know myself and I would not use a piece of furniture for that long...by the time she's bigger, I know I'll want to buy her a regular twin, full, or queen bed and not use a headboard that use to be part of her crib.

Our crib converts to a toddler bed and depending on what age Emma is when we have baby #2 will dictate whether we use it as a toddler bed for her or leave it as a crib to pass on to her little sibling and get her a toddler bed or twin bed. If I already go through the hassle of converting it into a toddler bed for her, I'd probably just end up letting her keep it and buy a new crib for baby #2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are turning it into the toddler bed pretty soon, and then will probably change it into the double bed when she's like 3 or 4?  if we do decide to have another kid, we may end up putting it back as a crib, but i doubt it! we'll probab;y want all new stuff
  • Thanks for the input!  We always talked about having our kids pretty close in age.  Now, we're thinking we want 3 kids roughly 2 years apart each.  So, I'm definitely thinking in terms of the long-run and hand-me-downs, lol. 

As for the 4-in-1 cribs, all they have is the headboard and/or footboard for the twin-sized bed, right?  You'd still have to get all the other parts and, of course, the mattress, separately, right? 

• AlbahAlbah member
    I planned to use the convertible crib when I first got it but now with #2 on the way, we will be using the crib for him and will be moving E to a full bed once we re3cweive it next week! ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"