Baby Names
Options

Coralyn

My mom's name is Linda; she goes by Lin. We'd like to pay tribute to her when naming our baby if it's a girl. We had been set on using Evelyn, but I'm seeing this name a lot more frequently and I'd like something a little more unique. I stumbled upon Coralyn, which I think I might like, but part of me think it sounds a little made up. Thoughts? Any alternate -lyn or -lin names I might not have thought of yet? Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Coralyn

• Options

It looks like a fun version of Coraline and i actually dont think it is that bad at all. If you and your Dh like Coralyn then go for it, if you are worried about it sounding too made-up i wouldnt worry about it because this is by far one of the better made-up sounding names..i have seen so much worse!

Some other -lyn or -lin names:

Ashlynn

Caitlyn/lin and Kaitlyn/lin

Kailyn/Cailyn

Acelyn

Adelyn

Jocelyn

Lynnette

Gracelynn

Thats all i got

• Options
    Why don't you practice?

Go to a busy Starbucks and tell them your name is Coralyn and see what ends up on the cup.  Bet you $1 it's Caroline.

Then call someone on the phone and introduce yourself as Coralyn.  See what they call you.

Then go to a busy, noisy bar and introduce yourself to someone as Coralyn.

I'm guessing nobody will ever get it right.

How about Carolyn? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I prefer the spelling Coraline by FAR.

That said, if you're trying to honor your mother why don't you just use Lin or Linda for a middle name? I don't really understand honoring someone if you're not even using the real name but that's just me I guess....

Lindley? Jocelyn? Marilyn? Belinda? 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options
    I think it's cute!
    DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • Options
    I actually love Coraline. I think you'll get that often rather that Coralyn.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. Good feedback about the confusion with Carolyn/Caroline. Hadn't thought about that. I'll keep it on my list, but take that into consideration.

• Options
    imageManderlin923:

I prefer the spelling Coraline by FAR.

Coralyn and Coraline are said differently - as least in my book. 

My daughter is Cora, so I like either Coraline or Coralyn.  I don't think it sounds made up

• Options
    I really like it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The Lyn trend is really starting to get on my nerves. I would do a tribute to your mother by naming your child Cora Lynn or even Cora Linda - but I would NOT add to the 1000's of other lyn names being created.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    Evelyn is on our list too!  I don't know why, but I just picture an 85 year old woman with this name.  It's so pretty though!  It's between Evelyn and Aubrey.....for this week anyway ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"