Breastfeeding
Options

How noisy is a Medela pump?

I am currently renting a Medela Symphony pump from the hospital, but I am interested in purchasing my own pump.  I have heard that both the PIS and Freestyle pumps are noisy.  How much louder than the Symphony are they? 

Re: How noisy is a Medela pump?

• Options
    I have no idea how loud the Symphony is, but I recently bought a PISA and I actually think it's pretty quiet!  I had an Evenflo pump before, and that thing was hella loud.

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how loud a Symphony is either. But I've used my Freestyle in several women's restrooms in public places and I doubt you could hear it unless you were standing right outside the stall door or in the next stall. I think it's pretty quiet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my pis is quiet.
  • Options
    The symphony is much more quiet than the pis. I would still recommend the pis as the noise is manageable. 
  • Options

imagelovinfall:
    The symphony is much more quiet than the pis. I would still recommend the pis as the noise is manageable. 

Ditto.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    The freestyle is def. louder than the symphony, but its not loud by any means. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the PISA, and I pump at work in an office and no one can hear the pump through the door. If you put a small blanket inside the bag, it helps to muffle the sound of the pump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"