Working Moms
Options

Confused about STD in CA

I've printed out the forms and I'm a bit confused. It says that you can't make a claim if you're using sick days but what about vacation days? All my days are considered the same, sick, vacation w/e. I only have enough paid time off to cover one week of leave if that. Do I start my claim after my vacation days run out or do I start the claim before then when my last day of work is? Then also it said that I can claim up to four weeks prior to the expected date of arrival. Is this the due date or my scheduled c-section date? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confused about STD in CA

• Options
    You can't be paid twice for a disability so if you are getting pay from your employer, you can't get STD.  I think your doctor has to certify you as disabled so getting the time off before you deliver would be up to her.
  • Options

imageSpenjamins:
    You can't be paid twice for a disability so if you are getting pay from your employer, you can't get STD.  I think your doctor has to certify you as disabled so getting the time off before you deliver would be up to her.

Thank ya much :) That makes sense. My doctor already said he'd sign me off as soon as I went on leave. I did notice a Doctor's Certification part of the form so I guess I take that part in to him before I mail it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

double post

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"