Georgia Babies
Options

When did you switch to a booster seat?

I'm thinking about moving Colin to a booster seat.  He's so big that I think he'd be more comfortable and with Hayden moving out of the infant seat soon, i don't want to buy another car seat if we don't need it.  I have 2 Marathons for C, so instead of buying another, I'm thinking about giving those to H and getting a Britax Frontier 85.  He's easily in the height/weight requirements.

Older toddler/kid moms, when did you move up?

Re: When did you switch to a booster seat?

• Options
    we haven't yet but if I was in your situation I would.  we looked at them for Finn a couple of months ago and he would have hit all the requirements which I'm sure Colin does too.  So I'd go for it.
  • Options
    I switched Em just recently, right after she turned 4. The car seat was so cumbersome and she is definitely more comfortable now. My biggest issue if you will is that it gives her more freedom to move around so I have to constantly tell her the importance of riding the correct way and acting like a big girl in her big girl seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't...really haven't even thought of it yet. Grant is a pretty small boy though, so size hasn't been our concern.
    Grant Thomas 8.8.06 and Reid Alexander 8.11.08
  • Options

We haven't moved Carter.  Don't plan on it anytime soon.  We have a Marathon for each child.

Either way look at this and watch the video:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ConsumerNews/childs-car-booster-seat-safe/story?id=9396307

• Options
    imageKerrin:

We haven't moved Carter.  Don't plan on it anytime soon.  We have a Marathon for each child.

Either way look at this and watch the video:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ConsumerNews/childs-car-booster-seat-safe/story?id=9396307

That is very interesting- I guess I didn't realize that the booster seats weren't connected to the car at all.  I'm planning to use the Marathon for as long as possible- those crash test videos scare the bejeesus out of me. 

• Options
    imageslwprincess:

That is very interesting- I guess I didn't realize that the booster seats weren't connected to the car at all.  I'm planning to use the Marathon for as long as possible- those crash test videos scare the bejeesus out of me. 

The Britax one I'm looking at has LATCH.

• Options
    imagecare99:
    imageslwprincess:

The Britax one I'm looking at has LATCH.

Oh that's good to know.  We are definitely Britax converts.  I really won't even consider anything else now! 

• Options
    I have not really thought about a booster seat either. I may convert when he turns five but I am not sure, I don't feel comfortable yet using a booster for him, I just feel like they are still too small at this age.
  • Options

Harrison is just over 4 and I havent put him in a booster.  He still fits fine at 45 pounts in his Britax....he'll stay there until he grows out of it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"