Alabama Babies

A hair question for moms of girls...

For those of you with DD's, how do you keep their hair out of their eyes?

I've been putting bows in her hair regularly but she ALWAYS pulls them out. Her hair has gotten to the point where it's always in her eyes.

Yesterday I got a couple of little clips and some tiny rubberbands and attempted to do pigtails. But, K was a screaming, squiggling, kicking mess and DID NOT like me messing with her hair. (hopefully that will change.)

Needless to say, her ponytails were not symmetrical! Any advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: A hair question for moms of girls...

• Where you usually swipe it to the side and just put a bow in it, try doing that with one of those teeny rubberbands and then put the bow in it (put part of the bow through the rubberband).

If she tries to rip it out, it will probably hurt and chances are she'll leave it alone.

You can also add a dab of Karo to the bow and again, if she tries to pull it out, it won't feel good and she'll probably leave it alone.

• Avery squirmed the first few times but now she doesn't mind us putting her hair up.  We put her hair up every day now.  I have a boar bristle brush to help brush her hair up and then I use those tiny rubber bands that do not tangle in the hair.  And then we put a bow ( You HAVE to have a bow) on the pony tail. I put her on the bathroom counter and she likes to look in the mirror and hold the bow ( all suggestions from Lindsey!)

I also spray her hair down before we put it up so it's damp when we're pulling it back or else all the wispys stay wispy. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'll be following this post. In the past few weeks, Abby's hair has really grown (looks like Kennedy's has as well). It's at a funny stage where I can't really pull it up, but looks kinda shaggy with just a bow.
  • imagesdkrlm:

Avery squirmed the first few times but now she doesn't mind us putting her hair up.  We put her hair up every day now.  I have a boar bristle brush to help brush her hair up and then I use those tiny rubber bands that do not tangle in the hair.  And then we put a bow ( You HAVE to have a bow) on the pony tail. I put her on the bathroom counter and she likes to look in the mirror and hold the bow ( all suggestions from Lindsey!)

I also spray her hair down before we put it up so it's damp when we're pulling it back or else all the wispys stay wispy. 

Everything Sarah said! I just takes some getting used too. She will get better. Lyla loves bows now!! She didn't always but I stuck with it. Good luck!

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • No matter how hard I try, I still cannot get C. to wear a bow for more than 15 minutes (regardless of the siggy pic).  I let my mom trim her hair (only the part that was getting in her eyes) last week when we were in San Antonio.  She's SO much happier now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"