Northern California Babies
Options

What do you wish someone had told you while you were TTC?

2»

Re: What do you wish someone had told you while you were TTC?

• Options

imageeverydayeve:
    That even if getting pregnant is the biggest desire you've ever had, it doesn't mean you'll enjoy every aspect of it when it happens. And that's okay.

a.men.

and that sometimes life gets in the way. take care of yourself first and your body will know when it's ready.

and take into account the soul of your child, which might not be ready at the exact moment you are. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagefutrkingsley:

I heard everything there is to hear in the 3 years we spent trying and none of it made one bit of difference to me.  I was on my own troubled journey with no idea of the outcome and I just had to live it.  There wasn't any way to predict how it would go from the start and no way to know that it would end well at the darkest parts.  Learning to live with that ambiguity took a long long time and hard work.

All that work I put in on the way to my son helped when he was finally here.  I knew how to put in the mental work to get over some of the less than perfect parts. 

Precisely how I feel/felt but said much better than I could have. :)

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepink.dutch.tulips:

infertility is a SUPER SENSITIVE topic on here, i get that ...

You do?

Roni, I quickly became obsessed with charting so DH ended up taking over that for me.  I would temp every day and hand it to him (obviously we are in a marraige with very few boundries ;)  he would write it down with the date and at the end of the month I would input all the temps in the software so that I still had cycle data without getting obsessed.  Also, the cycle we got pg with E, I ate a lot of green leafy veggies to increase my lining, kept my feet warm post ovulation (could be an old wives tale).  I have no idea if it helped but it certainly did not hurt.  I also really liked the smiley face OPKs!  Lots of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

And now I'm so mad I'm shaking.  But I guess considering the source, I shouldn't be surprised. I won't stoop because when I do, I just make myself look like an idiot....but please know between your comments here today...those from the previous instance...and then the snob-a-licious comments from a few months ago, you'd be the LAST person I'd want to associate with.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I just feel bad for Rosie. that poor child is starting out with a huge strike against her, a nasty, rude mother. 
  • Options

imageamyfelice:
    I just feel bad for Rosie. that poor child is starting out with a huge strike against her, a nasty, rude mother. 

THAT is uncalled for call out a child like that ..... by NAME no less.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Indifferent  I can't even respond to this side conversation that's going on... unbelievable.

To respond to the OP's question:  I guess I have two kind of conflicting thoughts.

The first is that I almost wish that people hadn't told me stuff. I wish that I hadn't known about charting and that it can take longer than expected. I think that led to a lot of worry and maybe we would have enjoyed the process a lot more had we just gone into it blindly and learned as we went.

The second is to trust your instincts. I had a feeling there was something wrong prior to TTC and despite my doctor's hesitation to do a laparoscopy, I pushed because I just "knew" I had Endometriosis and I was right. I'm thankful that I did listen to my gut because I truly believe that the surgery helped us conceive as quickly as we did.

So... try not to think about what could go wrong/how long it will take, but at the same time trust your own instincts. lol, makes a lot of sense right?

• Options
    imageAnyaBella:

Indifferent  I can't even respond to this side conversation that's going on... unbelievable.

To respond to the OP's question:  I guess I have two kind of conflicting thoughts.

The first is that I almost wish that people hadn't told me stuff. I wish that I hadn't known about charting and that it can take longer than expected. I think that led to a lot of worry and maybe we would have enjoyed the process a lot more had we just gone into it blindly and learned as we went.

The second is to trust your instincts. I had a feeling there was something wrong prior to TTC and despite my doctor's hesitation to do a laparoscopy, I pushed because I knew I had Endometriosis. I'm thankful that I did listen to my gut because I truly believe that the surgery helped us conceive as quickly as we did.

So... try not to think about what could go wrong/how long it will take, but at the same time trust your own instincts. lol, makes a lot of sense right?

Thank you. I am trying to limit the EVERYONE tell you things, but thought that there may be helpful things you all know now. Which is great. I do feel that we have too much knowledge these days sometimes. Dh was asking me all sorts of questions last night, and I was only able to say, oh because I read it, or I think I heard that somewhere... so maybe more blind and more trusting. Thanks again.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagepink.dutch.tulips:

imageamyfelice:

It's the absolute truth.  

• Options
    imagepink.dutch.tulips:

imageamyfelice:

I get how that would be your reaction but...after many, many people expressed how they disliked the term "science experiment" and how it personally offended them, you then said "your science experiments are darn cute".  You really don't get it. It isn't funny to use that term, even if trying to compliment someone. It is offensive.

• Options
    image2bearichards:
    imageMrs.K&C:
    imageNorcalLinds:
    imagepink.dutch.tulips:

.. NO medical intervention other than otc remedies ie OPKS. we didn't want to be treated like science experiements to get pregnant.

I know last time you made that comment it wasn't well received. Not everyone has the luxury of getting pregnant without medical intervention.  

I get that fertility treatments aren't for everyone. I get that for many people, they would rather look into adoption or child free living than pursue treatments. I get it, and I respect their feelings on it. 

Clearly you fall into that group. But to post a comment like that on a board where you know damn well many people made a different choice than you, your comment is totally disrespectful and seriously f'ed up. You know your audience here. Could have been said with a lot less judgment and a lot more class. 

Well said.

I agee, well said Mrs.K&C and NorcalLinds.

• Options
    I wasn't going to respond since we have such eloquent bumpies to set the record straight and then I thought...well that wouldn't be like me.  Sometimes people are just insensitive douchecocks and I think that applies here.  Yes, I used name calling and yes I feel comfortable with it.Wink
  • Options
    imagemrscerruti2be:
    I wasn't going to respond since we have such eloquent bumpies to set the record straight and then I thought...well that wouldn't be like me.  Sometimes people are just insensitive douchecocks and I think that applies here.  Yes, I used name calling and yes I feel comfortable with it.Wink
      Totally love you - in case you didn't know that already!!!!!   :D
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"