Upstate NY Babies

So today at the gym..

They paged us after a half hour to get Eve.. and they said she had been crying THE WHOLE TIME.. She was just in hysterics..crying and gasping for breath..  I REALLY think something must have happened to trigger it and then we weren't there and she didn't have a binky... so it just got worse.. Because she was fine when we dropped her off.. We actually think it looks like a kid might have bit her on the hand..and she would not let us touch/look at it.. she was acting like it hurt..  but they did not mention anything like that at all..They were really busy there.. so they didn't take a lot of time to explain anything.. they were just happy to be done with her. :(

DH is mad that they didn't page us sooner if she was that upset.. but on the flip side.. I wouldn't want them to page us for every tear...

So what should I do? Should I take her back and just tell them to call me right away if she cries? I definitley need to send her with a binky next time.. but i guess I'll have to use a binky clip or something. because otherwise it will just get immediately lost.. Or maybe i just shouldn't go back..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: So today at the gym..

• I would say something about her hurt hand and see how they respond. Personally, I'd call. I have what DH and I call "phone Ba!!s"- I can be assertive on the phone but in person I'm a wuss. If they're nice, give it one more shot.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • give it another chance.  Today was the 2nd day right?  Ask them if a kid bit her or not.  Did you just join this gym? I have already wasted money by not going to the gym.  You don't want to lose out
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely say something.  If it was that busy they might not have noticed but they should be made aware of it.  I would try it again but tell them to page you sooner if she is crying and won't calm down.  You should set the time limit for them to page you, say if she doesn't calm down after 15 amount a minutes to page you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would definitely call about the hand.  But, as far as the crying goes - we were just in your shoes!  One of the perks of moving here was the awesome deal on the rec for Walmart employees.  I was so excited about it.  Then, the first time we went, Gavin cried the whole time.  Same thing the 2nd time, the 3rd time...  Finally on the 5th time there, I talked to one of the girls and just asked her opinion.  She said to keep coming....I knew he'd get better, but this was the first time I was on the "mom side" of this situation, and not the child care provider or teacher.  I trusted her, and the very next time he only cried 5 minutes.  When we went earlier this week, he actually cried when I got there to get him!  Huge change!  Give her some time.  I found out when one specific girl was there and now I only go if she's in that room, just so he has someone he recognizes each time.
  • I wouldn't call, bc the people who worked might not be there or even remember the situation.  I would go back though.  And I would talk to them when I dropped her off next time.  Let them know what happened last time, and that she was bit on the hand and cried for so long.  Tell them you would like to be called if she won't be calmed down after (15?) minutes.  I am sure they will watch her more closely if you talk to them right then you know? 
  • I don't know what gym you were at but I would definitely address the issue especially if your daughter was in hysterics and no one can tell you why.  My friend joined the BAC and when she came back to get her daughter after working out she flipped because her daughter was in the room and the girls were there vacuuming and planning to close for the day even though there were ten min. left.  They weren't even paying attention to her daughter.  I think it's hard when you are dropping your child off in the hope that they are being cared for as best as can be but find out they are not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"