Breastfeeding

If i took an EBM bottle out of fridge...

and it has been out for 2 hours and now I've decided I don't want to give her that bottle (DH does it and he fell asleep and I don't want to wake him), can I put it back in the fridge? It has warmed to room temp.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If i took an EBM bottle out of fridge...

• imagemaple669:

Thanks!  But I'm not sure I'm finding my exact answer in that link.  That link is regarding re-using left over milk from a feeding for another feeding.  I want to know if I can put an entire unused bottle back in the fridge after it has warmed to room temperature (a bottle that was never frozen, btw... it was in the fridge since this morning when I pumped it).  Maybe this answers my question, though: "...it would seem to me that expressed breast milk, fed to the baby, partially consumed, and then refrigerated, could be used for one more feeding no more than four hours later." Even though she's talking about partially consumed and I am talking about unused, is she saying my bottle can go back in fridge but must be used in 4 hours?

• Loading the player...
  • I would use it at the next feeding, but since it isn't contaminated with saliva, I would not worry about the 4 hour thing.  You can leave it for several hours at room temp.  I wouldn't do it twice in a row, but once is probably fine.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"