Northern California Babies

My Baby Is In The Hospital! (sorta long)

So last night I Bf Collin at 5pm. Nothing abnormal. Fed for 20 mins and was fine and happy. Fed him again at 8:45pm (I got sidetracked doing dishes so was a little late). He just didnt seem right. He wouldnt really look at me or engage in cooing with me like he has been. He only fed for 5-7 minutes and was done. So then I fed again at 11:30ish and I thought that he felt a little bit warm. So I took his temp under arm.100.5. This concerned me so I went back and forth on calling the nurseline through United Healthcare. I decided that I would recheck his temp at his 3am feeding. I didnt sleep that great, but good enough to have missed the 3am feeding and so did he. I woke at 6am and he was still sleeping. Ok now I was concerned. I fed him and he seemed to eat normal but his temp was still 99.6 under the arm. We went to the pedi this morning and he said his left ear looked a little red but nothing that would constitute a full blown ear infection that would require treatment. He took a rectal temp...101.5. he decided that Collin needed to be admitted so he could run various tests. So here I am my poor baby has had a chest xray, labs drawn, a catheder to collect a urine sample and spinal tap. Now I am just waiting for some results. Prelim results of the tap looks good, but that is all we have so far. I guess I will be staying at Hotel Sutter Roseville for the next 72 hours min. This sucks!!!!! Please pray for my poor baby that he will get over whatever it is that he has FAST!

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Baby Is In The Hospital! (sorta long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"