Two Under 2

VBAC

Is this possible with 2 under 2?  Just curious if anyone knew

Re: VBAC

• i am going for it...my ds is 13 months and i am 10 weeks pregnant, so they will be 20 months apart.  my current doc does not do vbac but i have an appointment with another doc in 2 weeks and she has already indicated to me that i should be able to give it a try.

from what i have read and heard, it depends on how well you healed from c/s, the reason you had a c/s, and whether you have any other medical conditions (preeclamsia, gest. diabetes).  also, it must not be multiples. 

good luck to you!!!!

• I tried to VBAC (mine are about 23 months apart).  My doctor said that she likes the births to be at least 18 months apart.  (My VBAC was unsuccessful, but it didn't have anything to do with them being close together, and I didn't have any sort of complications with my incision or anything like that.)
  • Loading the player...
  • It's possible (that's what we're trying for with this one). Your risk of needing to do another CS is a little higher, but it's completely possible.
    Awesome pic of hubby and DS#1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"My 101 List - Updating asap, I swear!

• I had one, my children are 13.5 months apart. You may have to look search for a supportive provider, but in my area at least, spacing did not seem to be a concern for any of the OBs I spoke with.

GL!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes it's possible.

If you want to VBAC, check your hospital policy (some don't allow them), and make sure that your OB is "pro-VBAC" (not just someone who does them on occasion, there's a difference)........

GL!

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:

Yes it's possible.

If you want to VBAC, check your hospital policy (some don't allow them), and make sure that your OB is "pro-VBAC" (not just someone who does them on occasion, there's a difference)........

GL!

Yes! This! As crazy as this may sound, there are OBs who will even say that they are on-board with a VBAC, and then later either completely change their position, or use scare tactics to coerce you into a repeat c/s. When I had my VBAC, I was originally with a provider who said I was a great candidate - then at my 16 week appointment he said that he actually wouldn't do one, no one in his practice would, and when would I like to schedule my c/s, lol! This was a really really nice guy, and I never would have imagined he would do something like that, until it actually happened.

I ended up switching to a practice that was much more encouraging. You may want to check with your local/nearest chapter of ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network), and see if they have any advice for you. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm trying for a VBAC this time.  Mine will be 18 months apart.  I'll be sure to post the outcome shortly:)
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My OB said if I waited till DS was 9 months to get PG that was ideal. He was a sched c/s because he was huge from my GD, so big shoulders! I have a feeling the next will be the same, but I'd like to VBAC!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm debating on what to do myself, but at my appt last week, the PA told me that I could be a candidate for a VBAC.  She said it just depends on why I had to have the c/s and how this pregnancy progresses.  I had to c/s because DS couldn't get out.  He had a big head!  We'll see what they say when I get further along...
  • At this point I plan on trying for one.  My doctor really want me to try for one since DS was breech (success rate for VBAC in my case is around 80%). 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was offered one with #2 (14 months apart).  DD1 was breech so I had a c/s.  #2 and #3 were also breech so I didn't have a choice.
  • I wanted to but DD was too large so my OB would not allow it.  Otherwise he would have been ok with it.  DS was 8lb 2 oz and was c/s due to an infection/fever I got.  Since DD was 8lb 9 oz I am not regretting the repeat c/s too too much.  GL!
  • Yes.  See siggy : )
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I also attempted a VBAC which was unsuccessful for reasons other than those related to having a previous c-section.  You may want to look into midwives in your area as they tend to be more supportive of VBAC generally; I also second Rach's suggestion to reach out to ICAN, they are very helpful.  Just so you know, the expected size of the baby has no bearing on whether you will have complications during VBAC, the main factors are, as stated above: the type of incision and closure used before.  My DS was 8 lbs 11 oz (and DD was 7 lbs 13 oz) and no one ever said anything about that being the cause of the c-section or that I shouldn't have been allowed to attempt the VBAC - it was his positioning that was the problem.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"