Military Families

does anyone else...

does anyone else get annoyed at some of the other MW's? like say your around everyone for a work BBQ or something and all you hear are my hubby did this my hubby did that, we had dinner with the colonel blah blah lol i understand its one thing to be proud of your hubby because i am overly proud of mine, but there is a line between being proud and just bragging about dump stuff. vent over :)

Re: does anyone else...

• Yep. But you'll find idiots like that in all walks of life, not just the military!

I once knew a woman that would introduce herself as "Mrs. Major Select Lastname." First of all, Major select isn't a real rank...and second of all, who the eff cares who your husband is? What's YOUR name? Needless to say, she wasn't very well liked.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This gave me a chuckle....at our last post there were some pretty terrible spouses mixed in among the chain of command.  I normally don't mind some bragging/work talk, but I am incredibly bothered by SOs who try to "wear their soldier's rank."  I am sure you all have met "them" at one point or another.  My favorite is hearing a spouse refer to each of his/her soldier's accomplishments as "ours" or "we"....as in "We got promoted today!"  Hmm  I myself would be horribly bothered if my DH tried to take credit for my achievments in my civilian job.  I realize that as a military spouse we are extra supportive and deal with a bit more than the average relationship has to endure....but you have to give SO credit when it is deserved right?

Your "we had dinner with the colonel" quote brought back some, shall we say, fond memories of some of the go getters I was NOT sorry to say goodbye to when we PCSed!

**Landon Keith 6/03/10 6lbs. 9oz. 19 inches**

"When the waves are flooding the shore, and I can't find my way home anymore, that's when I......I look at you" Miley Cyrus

Landon 121Landon 6-9 081

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • lol thats funny.. major select? hahaha i know its not only military, but i tend to run into people that do this more so being around military people rather than back home. im from vegas, in vegas no one cares about who does what lol so its minimal bragging there.. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"