Northern California Babies

How do you set up CL alerts?

I thought someone once mentioned they had set up some kind of alert on Craigslist so they were notified if someone posted an item for sale they were look for - anyone know how to do that? I tend to forget to check on a regular basis so an alert would work well for me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How do you set up CL alerts?

• How timely... I just did this.

Its through Google Alerts . Select the criteria: (e.g. I did SF Bay Area, craigslist, push buggy, step2, push cart) hoping I can find a step2 push buggy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • you set up google alerts. 

i set mine up to say: craigslist sf bay area "item im looking for" 

(for the stroller I did: craigslist bay area phil ted vibe)

• Loading the player...
  • If you already use google reader for blogs, you can add the RSS for the search from Craigslist.  Do the search.  At the bottom right corner of the screen it will have the little RSS icon and add htis search to your feed.  Ta da!

• imagefutrkingsley:

If you already use google reader for blogs, you can add the RSS for the search from Craigslist.  Do the search.  At the bottom right corner of the screen it will have the little RSS icon and add htis search to your feed.  Ta da!

Sweet! Learn something new every day. YesBig Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefutrkingsley:

If you already use google reader for blogs, you can add the RSS for the search from Craigslist.  Do the search.  At the bottom right corner of the screen it will have the little RSS icon and add htis search to your feed.  Ta da!

This is what I do. You just really need to be on top of this though as well-priced items go FAST!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"