Adoption
Options

Gift for Adoptive Families

I am a lurker on the other boards, but I thought you ladies might be able to help me out.  We are throuwing my friend a shower next week.  She just adopted 2 children (girl 7, boy, 2) from Ethiopia.  She also has two other adopted children (girl 5, boy 3).  I am trying to think of a good gift for them.  I am fairly crafty and creative (sew and have an embroidery machine), but I just can't think of something that I can do for them.  It doesn't have to be homemade, I thought about getting her gift certificate to a portrait studio.  But then I think that I would only be able to pay for so much of that, so she would have to put money into it to.  I love personalized hand crafted gifts and thought that I could do something like that.  I would like to include the entire family and not just the 2 new additions.  Does anyone have any ideas?     TIA!

Re: Gift for Adoptive Families

• Options

What about a quilt for them all to snuggle under on the couch or something?  you could embroider each of the kids names into it, or their birth countries / birth dates.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love the quilt idea...

Embroidered/monogrammed towels would also be SUPER cute.  A bathroom with 4 kiddos in it can get overwhelming, so it would be practical as well!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the quilt Idea, not only can they use it to snuggle on the couch but to take on family picnics, use it to make a play fort or a cape! Great Thinking!
    TTC since 4/2009 IUI 1-5 all BFN IVF 1 BFP!!!!!! TWINS... Lost our boys at 16 weeks 6 days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers http://pinterest.com/gigglegurls/pins/
  • Options
    For my friends kids i made those fleece tie blankets and had their names put on them and I made these huge throw pillows to match with names on those and then gave them movie snacks and a movie. basically things for them to curl up in front of the tv as a family. hope this helps
    Proud Momma of our daughter Charlie! She found her forever home August 2010 Hope to be the proud momma of #2 in July
  • Options
    imageMrsB2007:

I love the quilt idea...

Embroidered/monogrammed towels would also be SUPER cute.  A bathroom with 4 kiddos in it can get overwhelming, so it would be practical as well!

This and tickets to a zoo or another local attraction.

• Options
    kepkep member
    Love the zoo idea--a family membership to a local attraction like that is a WONDERFUL gift!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    Great ideas!  Thank you so much.  I really like the idea of the quilt and maybe tickets to local attractions!  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"