Northern California Babies

Time for 1st Birthday Party

What time did you have your first birthday party for your LO?  Trying to figure out what time works best for most people and their nap times.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Time for 1st Birthday Party

• We had K's from 1 to 4. I figured with that long of a timeframe if she (or any of her little friends) needed a nap, they could nap and the rest of us could still enjoy the party.
  • For the 2-3 year old crowd (not sure if you'll have lots of them on your guest list), the best times are either 4-6 or 10-12.  My kids nap from 1ish to 4ish so we can never make the parties that start at 1 or 2.  One year olds are a bit more flexible and have a wide range of nap times, but I find they're all awake between 4-6 and most from 10-12 (or even 9-11).
  • Loading the player...
  • Our is from 11-1.  A naps usually from 9-10:30 and then again around 1:30 or 2.  We got an invite to another one that is from 11-2.
  • We did 3-6 but that was when C was going to bed around 6:30 pm and we didn't want to keep her up too late.  The only issue was that people lingered (it was at our house) and Char was too geeked to go to sleep with everyone still around.  She went to bed a little late but was fine.
  • We did from 11 to 1 and served lunch.
  • ugh, I remember this being super frustrating! We had J's at 3pm, I figured it was after nap, and I wanted to serve a meal... so those that were able to make it at 3, no big deal. I think the whole thing was wrapped up by 6pm (it was at a park, so people couldn't linger, though we did have a large group follow us home...

Also, think of location and lighting (duh) for those ever important photos... :D

• Ours was 2pm (supposed to be until about 4) and of course her schedule moved up a bit after I had the invites printed and 3pm would have been better. We just had appetizers and cake, no meal. We also really didn't have any other kiddos, it was mostly adults (and the kids that did come were older, over 4).

At that age, she was still taking 2 naps so morning wouldn't work for us. Besides, people frown on drinking alcohol at 10am ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ryan's was from 1:00 - naptime (which at that point was around 3:00/4:00).
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • We did 4pm because J took a late afternoon nap and I knew that people with little ones would need to be home by 7ish for bedtime.
  • We did 4-6 pm. M was on two naps at that point - 1 mid-morning & the other early afternoon so that worked best for us. I don't think it conflicted with guest naptimes either.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we're looking at 1-4 but dd will be the only really LO there .. most of the other kids will be 2 1/2 - 5.  i'm not really worried about naptimes.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We planned around Andrew's nap time.  12-3.  Of course he slept until 12:15 that day!  He just showed up fashionably late! 
  • We did C's party at 3 pm for two reasons: it was the only time of day that he was never asleep so I was guaranteed that he'd be awake, and two, he was happiest in the afternoon at that age.  It was his party so timing it to be best for him was my priority. 
  • 11:30-2ish

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"