Pre-School and Daycare
Options

How is DC when they wake up?

My DD wakes up, wants breakfast immediately, and then is ready to run! No sleepy morning cuddles or "waking up" time. She opens her eyes and is ready to go (though she does play with toys in her bed for a little while before calling for me, so that's her quiet time).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How is DC when they wake up?

• Options

There's nothing better than DD first thing in the morning.  Her hair is a mess, she has this dreamy/serious look on her face.  And she says the most *hilarious* things.  DH and I always listen intently.  Her first words of the morning are always priceless.

Monday?  We'd had a party at our house the night before.  The first thing she said was "Our party last night was fantastic!  Truly marvelous!  Our guests had a wonderful time - I think they'll want to come back very very soon."

Yesterday?  She came to my side of the bed, kissed me on the cheek and gently said:  "Good morning my little cherry blossom!  It's time to get uuuuup!"

Today?  "I slept in my room all night last night.  I think Spiderman comes and stands on the balcony outside your room.  So I stayed in my room.  I think you should give me a present now.  A NICE EXPENSIVE ONE."

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options

Cuddle BUGS!!

Along with nap and bed times it's the only time of day I get snuggles anymore.

Love my snuggly boys!

Once we're up and moving they tend to be fairly sedate until after breakfast and then it's go go go go go!!!! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on the day. Some days she runs into our room and wants to cuddle in bed with us; other days she asks for breakfast right.this.minute. I much prefer the cuddle days. :)
    Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options
    First thing every morning, she DEMANDS milk.  Once she has her milk, she is a cuddle bug.
  • Options

DD -- an early bird who is on the go right away.  She's been like this since she was a tot.  No cuddles for her -- just all chatter.

DS -- not a grouch, but would like to stay buried in the cozy covers as long as he can.  I get up when DH leaves, but if neither kid is up yet, I usually lay on the couch until DD's alarm clock goes off.  If DS comes out of his room when I'm lying on the couch, he always wants to snuggle with me -- love it!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

He wakes up asking for milk.  After that, he likes to lounge and snuggle for a few minutes.  He's usually in our bed.  If I'm already up and getting ready he says, "Mama.  Lay down by me," because he wants to cuddle.  This has made us late a LOT lately...but I just can't say no!

If he wakes up and we're not getting ready yet (or it's the weekend) he still likes to cuddle, hug, kiss, and rub noses while we lay in our bed.

• Options
    It really varies with my kids. Neither need food right away but my LO one wants her milk ASAP - I bring it with me when I go get her. If I have to wake them (work FT so we are up at 6:15) they are either still sleepy so it takes a bit and most days, they are happy and ready to get the day started for the most part.  On the weekends, when they tend to sleep about 45 mins later, they know they get to watch a little bit of Dora after they go potty/get a new diaper so they typically wake up super happy as they love cuddling with us and watching for 20 mins for so before breakfast.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    She's "up and at 'em!" as soon as she wakes.  Sometimes she'll sing in her bed for a few minutes, but once she's out of bed, she's ready to go at full speed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"