Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Fundraisers at DC's school?

What sort of fundraisers, if any, does your DC's school have to raise funds for the school? DS's daycare tries to do quite a few but they are just really stupid. The little stuffed teddy bear one was a complete waste IMO. I have heard of some doing cookie dough sales or candle sales but I can't imagine they really bring in that much money. Just looking for some new ideas to bring to the board! Also, does DC's school have a parent's organization? Are you active in it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fundraisers at DC's school?

• Options
    Ours hasn't done one in a long time and I honestly can't even remember what the last one was. 
  • Options
    None which is what I love.  I pay enough in tutition that I don't need to do fundraisers.  The only fundraisers they do are for casues like March of Dimes.  My ECFE gourp does fundraisers though and they do things like a local restaurant the group for a day and the ECFE gets a % of the proceeds from the days sales, plant sales, make a plate or bowl thing (its a hard plastic plate or bowl and you (your child) decorates it).  I think they are like $10 each.  Butter Bread sales, Old Tiem Picture fundraiser.  A lot of the things are either food or events that you go to and the ECFE gets a % of the proceeds.  They also do a raffle at the spring and fall open house events and they sell t-shirts and bags with the ECFE logo.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Daycare does them about twice a year, I think.  No, there is no parents' board or anything like that.

They usually have a cookie dough sale (Otis Spunkmeyer) at some point during the year, and then a Sally Foster fundraiser right before Christmas.  Sally Foster has wrapping paper, cards, candles, gifts, candy, etc.

I think both fundraisers are held through this same company.

https://fundraising.entertainment.com/psp/pacpc/CUSTOMER/CUST/h/?tab=EP_FUND_HOME

• Options

My kids' school has a different charitable donation going every month, but the proceeds are not for the preschool.

For fundraisers they do two things:  1. dinner with the teachers at local restaurants.  A portion of the restaurant's proceeds during the dinner hours go to the school.  You just show up, eat some Chick-fil-a, say "hi" to the teachers, then go home!  It's wonderful.

2. They book a fundraiser show with any moms who do Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Mary Kay, or similar.  The saleslady mom comes in and sets up a display near the front door and you can order.  I almost never participate in these, though.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

Our DC/School is new and is adding a new grade each year. We have been there since Dec and have done the following:

Boston Butt from Local BBQ

Change for playground equipment

$1 for valentine sucker brought to each child from parents or friends

Consignment Sale

Spring Fling

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"