Two Under 2
Options

I think I want a girl!

Up until now, I had no preference, but my BF just had a little girl and she's so cute and girly!  Now, I keep thinking "I hope I'm having a girl." 

I find out in just over a week what this LO is, but I liked not having a preference! I don't want to feel any disappointment if it's another boy.  I love boys too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I think I want a girl!

• Options
    With DS, I had no preference, now that I have a boy, I'm definitely hoping for a girl.  But, if it's another boy, I'd be ok with that too :)
  • Options
    I really hope for a girl at some point, too, but since having DS, I am SO SO excited for another little boy :)  I would have been so sad not to do the whole newborn boy thing again! 
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

FWIW - I really wanted another boy.  

But... when I saw that package on the u/s I was shocked to find myself grieving the loss of ever being a girl Mom.

I love that my 2 guys are the same gender and super close but I do feel sorrow that I'll never mother a daughter.

I think it's natural to want to experience both genders of kids and I find that most women REALLY want a girl at some point as many men REALLY want a boy.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options

Of course our #1 wish is for a healthy baby, but I have that feeling too and it doesn't help that my husband is the same way.  We want to have more than 2 kids, but it would be "nice" if this one was a girl, so the pressure would be off.  We aren't going to find out until delivery and it is already torturing me :-)

However, the other day I was playing around outside with my DS and I did think how fun it would be to have two boys running around out there. Either way I'll be so happy, but I wanted to let you know that I know exactly where you are coming from!

DS 3.7.09
    mm/c 5.3.10 at 10 weeks
    DD 4.1.11
    mm/c 9.25.12 at 11 weeks
    c/p 3.20.13
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I went into this thinking either way is a blessing, but in the back of my head I thought that it was a girl. I didnt know if that was bc I wanted a girl, or bc I had a feeling it was...I had the same feeling Ds was a boy and was right.

I seriously want another boy one day. I grew up with 2 sisters and never had a brother, so for me to have a son was special. I want him to have a brother. I love that Im having a girl, but I do want another boy one day. 

Either way IS a blessing. You'll either have two boys who are so close they are best friends OR you'll get a little girl to be looked over by her big brother! GL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know how you feel! For obvious reasons I wanted a girl but I would have been thrilled to have another boy so DS could have a little brother. 

I have a niece that is 26 days younger than DS and they are very close. So now that I have a daughter I would love to have another boy someday so DS isn't outnumbered by girls!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Now that we have one of each already I can't decide what I would rather have!  DS really wants a little brother so I think for him I am hoping he gets what he wants :)  Also DS is from a previous marriage so my husband doesn't have a biological son and that may be nice for him as well but he swears he could care less if we have a boy or girl!  I am just super anxious to find out!!
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ctanactana member

imageLove Sugar Sweet Minxy:
    With DS, I had no preference, now that I have a boy, I'm definitely hoping for a girl.  But, if it's another boy, I'd be ok with that too :)

THIS.

I didn't have a preference either with #1.  As soon as I got BFP, I was secretly hoping for a girl.  Then I convinced myself how awesome it would be to have two boys so close in age and how I already knew how to do the 'boy' thing so it would be easier, plus all of the clothes!  

Then I got the results of the CVS test yesterday....and we are having a girl.  I am thrilled in a way that even surprises me.  I guess I never realized how much I have always wanted a baby girl.  

The most important thing is, however, is that the baby is healthy and happy.  You really can't go wrong!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I got pg with #1 I really was hoping for a girl!  When we found out it was a boy it took me a minute to change all of my visions to "blue".  THen by the time we got pg with #2 I actually kindof wanted another boy.  I think it was b/c that was all I knew, and he was so amazing to me!  (And we knew we only wanted 2 so no matter what that was our last baby)  But as soon as we found out it was a girl I was thrilled and all my visions of pink started dancing in my head again!  I cried I was so happy!  And haven't thought twice since.

I think we all have our emotions about what we "want" and how we feel when we find out, but then let those little ones into our lives and we can't imagine it any other way  Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"