Blended Families
Options

My relationship with my SM

My dad and my SM got divorced about 3 years ago, and they had been living apart for about 1 year before that. They have never fought, but she wanted another child (still does) and he did not. As soon as they recieved the paperwork saying the divorce was final they new they made a mistake, but they still couldn't quite get on the same page. They have now been living together again for the past 2 years. They still do not really see eye to eye on the child thing, but it's not a deal breaker for them anymore.

My point, I always stayed in close contact with my SM. I called for advice, checked up on her to see how she was doing, always did and still do tell her that I love her. My younger sister's relationship with her has been pretty similar, but my older sister does not talk to her often. I don't know if part of this is age? I know that at this point if DH and I were to seperate or divorce my SD's contact with me would probably end, due to them not being old enough to make their own decisions on this. But you all got me wondering what would happen if DH and I went through what my dad and his wife have...

Re: My relationship with my SM

• Options

I still have an amazing relationship with my SM, my dad never married her but I still consider her my SM. They seperated over 20 years ago. And I only speak to my mom's ex when I see him (we are members of the same church)

I know should DH and I ever seperate, I would never see or talk to SS again. He's only one now, so he wouldn't have much memory of me anyway, but his mom despises me and would never allow him to have any contact with me. It would break my heart if this situation were to happen if he were older.

• Options
    I have thought of that as well. I don't think I would never see or talk to SD...I guess it would depend on what caused the divorce. I would hope that no matter what DH and I would be able to be to civil towards one another and not have the relationship that he and crazy BM have. If we could be civil then I would see SD on occassion when I dropped off LO or picked her up, etc. But I know I wouldn't have the relationship that I have with her now, and that would just kill me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I would still keep in contact w/ SDs, but they are older, have their own cell phones, facebook etc. I think it would be different if they were little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"