Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Trike or bike?

DD isn't all that interested in her trike anymore but when she rode a small bike with training wheels at a friend's house, she loved it.  I never thought about a bike for her already. Anyone else have a bike already?

Re: Trike or bike?

• Options
    we got DS a 14 inch bike for his 3rd bday.  He is on the taller side for his age, so we felt the 12 inch would be outgrown before the end of the summer.  He loves his bike and has gotten really good at riding it and using the brakes to stop.  He has always been very physically inclined though
  • Options
    My FIL who always buys toys that are not age appropriate got him one for his last birthday (when he turned 2). He doesn't really play with it though he is much more into his tricycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we're thinking about it for this summer, getting her a used one with training wheels. I don't know though... 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD is getting a 12 inch big girl bike with training wheels for her 4th birthday in June.  She already picked it out (ILs are buying it for her) and my FIL actually already put it together (he;s so excited to have gotten this for her).  We have a trike that she got for her 2nd birthday which she still loves and my 2 year will get.  They ahve little trike type bikes at school that she still loves to ride.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    We just got DS a 12 inch bike for his 3rd birthday, he LOVES it!!  We got the 12 inch because DS is small and has really short legs, but some friends of ours got their DS a 16 inch bike and he can ride it just fine (he's 3.5).
  • Options
    We got DD#1 a trike for her 2nd birthday & a bike 3mo later.  She learned to/had an easier time pedaling the bike before the trike.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"