South Florida Babies

is it too soon to talk about

1st birthday parties?

Idk why I'm soo obsessed with finding invitations, looking at cakes & scouring the web for birthday ideas. I've been tossing around the idea of doing a ladybug theme for C's 1st birthday. Nick has called her "his little ladybug" since she was born, so I figured it was fitting. But now I'm having doubts. It seems like such a popular theme. What are you/did you plan for your munchkin's 1st?

Anyhow, I know the weather sucks over there & things have been a little slow, so I figured this would get the board moving a little.

Re: is it too soon to talk about

• I don't think it's too soon to get ideas and look into things.  Before you know it, that time will be here.

DH's aunt had a similar theme - it was a garden theme.  It was really cute - lots of ladybugs, bees, and flowers. 

• It's never too early! I have an entire folder on my computer with pictures I have saved. There are so many options for themes! I haven't decided what to do for Nico. The baby doesn't have a choice the first couple of years, so I decided I would do now what he might not like when he's older (save all the superhero and cartoon characters for then)

I think ladybugs are cuper cute. I have not personally been to a ladybug party so it may just be popular on blogs and websites. As long as all the people you are inviting are not also using this theme, then I would totally go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • totally butting in but wanted to chime in!

Check out my friend's blog...this month she's posting ideas for birthday parties and she has the BEST ideas!

https://mybabyfaves.blogspot.com/

I think she has a garden kind of theme for her girls and probably has pictures somewhere in there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like Jess, I have a file folder in my computer saved with ideas, which I will totally admit I started before she was born. Embarrassed However, since I am in complete denial that Emma will EVER be turning one, much less in 8 months from now, I try not to think about it too much lol. Whenever I happen to come across something cute, I save it, but I purposely try to avoid looking at too much stuff or going out of my way to search for it because I feel like it will make that day get her faster (totally irrational, I know).

Anyway, I don't think it's too early AT ALL to start looking at ideas and doing some preliminary planning. The ladybug theme is super cute and I don't think it's overdone at all.

All I know about Emma's first birthday party is that it will be on the day of her actual birthday since it falls on a Saturday, that it will be in a park since no one I am close to has a big enough backyard for all our guests to be comfortable, and that it will be a cupcake theme! :) If you want to talk popular, the cupcake theme is SUPER popular, but I really don't care. I think it's adorable and girly and cheery and festive...perfect for a first birthday party. I have tons of cute ideas saved for invitations, party favors, etc., all in the cupcake theme, but I won't start to really look at stuff and narrow it down until the fall.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love the ladybug theme... sounds adorable, and very fitting!  I went to a first bday party that was a garden theme, and it turned out adorable.  I'm sure there is a lot you can do w/ the theme.  
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just wanted to tell you that your DD is adorable! she is so cute!
  • oh Jen...the day will come, ready or not, it will come. I still can't believe that C & E will be 5 months soon! That's almost 1/2 a year!!! AHHHH!!!

& yes, I have a little folder saved on my computer too, but now is when I'm actually starting to look for stuff. Before I was just saving cute things I came across. Cupcakes are a super cute theme! I love it! I had considered cupcakes & lollipops, but I decided to save that one 'til she's a little older where she can enjoy all the sweet things she's not able to eat now. If I come across any more cupcake stuff, I'll be sure to send it your way :)

• Although I ragged on  my sister who has been planning my nephew's 1st birthday since he was 4 months...my little man is only 9 weeks and I was talking about this exact topic with my husband yesterday...lol

NEVER TOO EARLY!  Enjoy and have fun with the theme.  It sound perfect considering how much it means to your family, so I say go for it!

• imageUMwife:

If I come across any more cupcake stuff, I'll be sure to send it your way :)

Ditto for ladybug stuff! :)

I want to say that MellyMel's Sophia had a ladybug themed 1st birthday if I remember from my lurking days when I used to post on the Nest but lurk on the Bump lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekarukaru:
    I just wanted to tell you that your DD is adorable! she is so cute!

thank you :)

• Ok..

A.) How freaking cute is Carley in your new siggy pic?!! I looove it! She is getting more and more beautiful every day.

B.) I definitely don't think it's too early! And I looooove the ladybug theme! I also like the garden theme idea, as you can probably get more creative with cute insects and colors, and I have seen the cutest garden-themed cakes! Either way, like Jen said, I don't think there's anything wrong saving pictures you like and even starting your vendor research now so that you don't feel overwhelmed later :)  

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Okay, so I'll play along... here are some adorable invitations!

https://www.zazzle.com/ladybug+invitations

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MelB did do a ladybug theme for Sophie's 1st birthday.  It's a super cute theme!!!

No, its not too early at all to start thinking about it! 

image image

• It's definitely not too soon! I already know what I want to do for Cati's first birthday and already have decorations picked out lol
  • Btw, I plan on doing a tiny dancer/ballerina theme.

I think ladybugs are adorable. You can so much with that and you can get really creative with a red and black color scheme

• Its never too early to talk parties!

We did the ladybug theme for Sophie's first birthday. It was super cute. I got a lot of cute stuff from Oriental Trading because I wanted the red and black theme vs. hot pink. Link here.

It all came out SO cute. My mom made centerpieces out of terracotta pots and the flowers in the pots were made of tootie pops. I have pics somewhere. Maybe on FB?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Butting in kinda late, but it's never too early to start planning - I've been thinking of Hunter's 1st bday party since he turned 5 months and I was done with baptism planning LOL

One of my best friends did a lady bug theme too - the cake was a super cute lady bug as were all her decorations/goodie bags and she had live lady bugs in plastic containers that she gave away too.  Look at my FB pics - "Brianna's Bday Party" folder - there are a few pics from the party.

• I'm a little late and lost! It's been so crazy with the girls! Your little girl is precious! I love the theme as for myself I find myself already planning and thinking about their 1st birthday too..Seriously since we got married last I haven't stopped planning parties!
  • I thought I was the only one!  The ladybug theme is cute - you should check out hostesswiththemostess.com she highlights lots of garden themes in her blog.  I'm thinking about Benjamin's 1st Birthday too - it's either going to be just the number 1 w/ blue and green decorations or a Football theme since his birthday is around SuperBowl time. 
  • No way.. I am already doing the same for Valentina's first Birthday.. i can't wait..
  • dude.  i'm planning Sarah's already and she's not even 2 months.  I say i'm the crazy one.  lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"