Northern California Babies
Options

Durable Medical Equipment?

Just curious:  has anyone had any luck getting their breastpump covered through insurance?    I'm going to call tomorrow because it "appears" that my medical plan might cover it.   I've found that it's covered in some situations but can't find what the requirements are for it to be actually covered.  So I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had any luck getting theirs covered. (Mine is 6 years old and on it's 4th kid - I've replaced all the membranes/parts but it's tired.)

TIA

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Durable Medical Equipment?

• Options
    I was told by the LC at Kaiser that sometimes it's covered.  I have durable equipment coverage though and Q was in the NICU due to jaundice and wouldn't latch (so it was totally medically necessary) and it wasn't covered by my plan...so, I don't know what it takes.  Definitely worth a call.  Worst they can say is no.
  • Options
    I know some insurances will cover it if you have a PCOS dx. I hope you can get one covered, also you can check the suctions on your used pump if you want at the hospital. Mine was functioning at 1/2 the suction it should have been so I threw it out once I was done with it rather than pass it on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our Kaiser pedi was able to get a hospital grade rental covered for the first six months.  Kaiser won't cover the purchase of a pump but does sell them at a discount (not sure how big of discount) through their lactation services department.

Eek!  You're getting SO close!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"