South Florida Babies

s/o - Cleaning Poll

Some responses got me thinking of other cleaning habits of others...

1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth?

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams?

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?!

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: s/o - Cleaning Poll

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth?  We each have our own.  On occassion, I may have had to wash mine ahead of time, and if I'm already wet, I'll just grab DH's to dry off... but I'll change his immediately so he has a fresh towel.  Again, on occassion, we've shared wash cloths, but not a fan of it.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams?  ::hangs head in shame:: never!  We have a comforter, and a duvet cover... and both are dry clean only!  Since we sleep w/ a flat sheet in between, I don't find it THAT disgusting, and we don't dirty the comforter.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?!  For the most part, the dryer stays full... I usually forget to take it out.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1. We intend not to share a towel but since they both get hung up to dry and they look the same, I'm sure we end up using the same one sometimes, I'm not too anal about that, doesn't bother me.  We don't use wash cloths, we have those poofs that you put soap on, and we each have our own, different colors.

2. We have a down comforter with a duvet cover, we wash that maybe once a month or more, unless it gets dirty.  Shams get washed with the duvet.

3. I take it out right away, I DO NOT IRON. EVER.  If it gets wrinkled, I put it in the dryer on the steam setting to get the wrinkles out. 

I'm kind of particular about laundry, so I do it, even though I hate doing it, my cleaning lady does towels and sheets, but I do our clothes.

image image

• Loading the player...
  • 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth? We each have our own; but sometimes when I wash my hair I'll grab his to dry off and wrap mine around my hair.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams? About once a month.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?! Both! LOL Since I try to do laundry on the day I work from home, usually I take them out right away, but the last load of the day often ends up in the dryer for a few days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  We use separate towels, but yeah if they look the same or once they're all washed it doesn't matter who uses which one.  Since we get ready for work around the same time, we just use separate towels so that we'll each have a dry towel.

Side note:  After my last trip to Europe, I sooo want a towel warmer.  I didn't think we'd need one here in FL since it's always so hot.  But, it was just so yummy to have a towel warmer when we were on vacation.

2.  We have a down comforter, too - same thing dry-clean only.  It's so expensive to get dry-cleaned that I think I just bought a new one at one point.

3.  I take it out right away, but I'm used to doing that since the condo washer/dryers were not inside the unit.  I also don't want the clothes to get wrinkly.

• Separate towels always!! I don't use a wash cloth.

We have a comforter with a flat sheet under it, so we've never washed the comforter.

I leave it in the basket forever, i suck at folding and putting away!

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own? We each use our own. Love DH but I want my own towel. How about wash cloth? We each use a separate, clean wash cloth every time we shower or wash our faces.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams? We have a quilt and I try to wash it once a month. I wash the shams every week.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?! DH does the laundry and takes everything out right away because we both do not iron unless absolutely necessary.

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth? We each have our own, but they are sometimes the same color and we don't really care if they get mixed up.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams? I'm not sure...whenever they look like they need freshening up. Not very often.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?! I try to take it out right away, but sometimes I forget or get lazy and then deal with the wrinkles.

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth? Nope don't use one

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc? Every month but the one in master is a hotel collection sateen that I fold up each night and don't sleep with. Same for the shams, they are decorative pillows. We have 4 others to sleep with.  

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely? When I'm in my washing/drying day, I tend to fold each load once its done. I do loads back to back so it all gets folded and put away.

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth? We each have our own towel and share a wash cloth.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams? About once a month.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?! I take it out right away. I love folding clothes!

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth?  We each have our own.. I don't use a washcloth and he uses one of those loufa balls.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams? I actually just washed mine for the 2nd time last week.  I do use a sheet too in between.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?!  I try to take it out right away.  I do sooo much laundry tho, sometimes I forget.

• 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth?

No. Haha. We have our own! & I have a buffpuff for the shower.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams?

Once a month for duvet. Shams/pillow cases get washed with sheets.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?!

Depends on what it is... usually the last load sits there for a day :x

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1 - Do you share a towel w/ Dh, or do you each have your own?  How about wash cloth? We share lots of things but we have our own towel, hand towel, wash cloth, etc.

2 - How often do you wash your comforter / duvet cover / etc?  How about the shams? My comforter is dry clean only and I should probably do it more often... I don't even remember the last time I did it.

3 - Do you take your laundry out of the dryer right away, or do you leave it there for days on end to get really wrinkely?! We take it out right away.  We're kind of crazy about wrinkles in clothes. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"