North Carolina Babies

Boy Names

So, my husband and I are having a really hard time coming up with a name for our little baby boy.  I have 5 1/2 weeks left, the doc said he could possibly be coming early!!!  I'm starting to get a little anxious since we don't really have any ring leaders with the names....Any suggestions?  We tend to like names that are a little more uncommon.  Any help would be wonderful! :)  Thank you so much!!!!

Re: Boy Names

• I've always liked the name Sully.. guess growing up watching Dr.Quinn helped that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the name Finn but one of our friends has a little boy named Finn so we couldn't use it...so I will pass it along! :) Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • My absolute favorite is Simon, but DH is pretty meh about it so I'm pretty sure it'll never get used. But I do like it a lot!!! I like a lot of traditional names for boys though - like Ben, Charlie,  Josh... GL, name choosing is a toughie!

• H&W05H&W05 member

I've been lurking on the Baby Names board. Every other post is about boy names, so you'll get a lot of ideas.

Or have you heard about this name site? www.nymbler.com (I think that is it). You type in a name, or names you like, and it will give you suggestions.

• Picking names is tough! As you can see from my DS's name, we tend to lean towards the more traditional side, but there was a link posted last week to a lengthy list of popular/trendy names. There were some uncommon ones on there. Maybe scroll back and look for that post for some ideas. Good luck!
  • Our top boys names were Ethan, Sawyer, and Zachary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Here's the link to the article about trendy names (boy and girl) 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/04/22/1391896/21st-century-baby-names.html

Some other boy names I like but probably will not use.. Preston, Griffin, Gage, Garrett .. Friends have used Owen, Gavin, Tanner, Barrett, Landon

• One of my favs is Emerson

Our next child, if its a son, may be Emerson Joseph...maybe not, but i like it.

• I really like Simon and Daxson (call him Dax)..... DS was named after DH's best friend, so we never had to come up with a boy name.  Good luck!  Its hard!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The names I really like but that DH wouldn't want to use:

Hudson, Carter, Conner, Collin

• We have not picked a name either. My favorite is Landon (Ryan as a middle name), but my DH said it reminds him of Little House on the Prairie.
  • My friend's little boy's name is Kian Asher. I love this name--unique but not weird.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My cousin named his sons pretty different but cute names -- Keegan and Kieffer.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love the names Jonah and Finn.. Both were vetoed by DH, so we'll never use them. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I have friends who named their sons Giles, Carston, and Kade.  I think those aren't overly unique, but still different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"