Adoption

Sandra Bullock

Has a beautiful 3 1/2 month old baby boy, whose adoption she remarkably managed to keep a secret until now...

https://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20364464_20364639,00.html?hpt=T2      (I love this cover photo -- I may have to buy this issue to read the rest of the article and see the photos!)

Re: Sandra Bullock

• wow!  how did she manage to keep that a secret and for so long?

I want to buy that issue too and read the story.

Thanks for sharing.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love it (and her)! But yes, how did she keep it so secret ESECIALLY being in the lime light of the cheating scandal.  Makes me wonder if they weren't in the process but she JUST got the baby but doesn't want to admit she got him during such a crisis?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageanangelbug:
    Makes me wonder if they weren't in the process but she JUST got the baby but doesn't want to admit she got him during such a crisis?

Supposedly, they had been trying to adopt for a couple of years. CBS This Morning reported that. Also, on the Today Show, they were saying that through all of the Oscar hoopla, she wouldn't let anyone over to her house because the baby was already there. She wanted the Oscars to be over before she announced it. 

• imageLadyRed7:

imageanangelbug:
    Makes me wonder if they weren't in the process but she JUST got the baby but doesn't want to admit she got him during such a crisis?

Supposedly, they had been trying to adopt for a couple of years. CBS This Morning reported that. Also, on the Today Show, they were saying that through all of the Oscar hoopla, she wouldn't let anyone over to her house because the baby was already there. She wanted the Oscars to be over before she announced it. 

Yes, the article in the OP's link says they started the adoption process 4 years ago. She is now finalizing the adoption as a single parent. I might have to stop by the store to get this issue.

• I am glad for her and sad for her relationship. I want to read the rest of the story.
  • I saw this this morning and thought how great it is that she adopted.  Luckily, I've got a subscription to People and I can't wait for it to get here on Friday.

• Congrats to her!  He's beautiful.

On a side note, (and maybe this is a HT discussion), but why is it okay for her to suddenly do this as a single parent?  Why isn't Jesse still the daddy?  If this child was a bio child, I doubt this would be the arrangement. 

I guess I don't agree with the fact that they went through this as a couple, brought the baby home as a couple, and now that their marriage is failing it's suddenly a single parent situation.  I think they should share custody, just like they would if it's bio child.

• imageSally J:

Congrats to her!  He's beautiful.

On a side note, (and maybe this is a HT discussion), but why is it okay for her to suddenly do this as a single parent?  Why isn't Jesse still the daddy?  If this child was a bio child, I doubt this would be the arrangement. 

I guess I don't agree with the fact that they went through this as a couple, brought the baby home as a couple, and now that their marriage is failing it's suddenly a single parent situation.  I think they should share custody, just like they would if it's bio child.

This was a topic discussed this morning on the Early Show too. The attorney on hand said it will likely cause a custody issue in court. The gossip columnist on hand mentioned that Sandra wants full custody but the judge will ultimately have the say. Just because he cheated won't make him a bad daddy as the attorney put it.

I agree with you Sally. 

• imageLadyRed7:
    imageSally J:

Congrats to her!  He's beautiful.

This was a topic discussed this morning on the Early Show too. The attorney on hand said it will likely cause a custody issue in court. The gossip columnist on hand mentioned that Sandra wants full custody but the judge will ultimately have the say. Just because he cheated won't make him a bad daddy as the attorney put it.

I agree with you Sally. 

I agree with all of this.  Still I am so happy for her.  He is a doll.  I may have to buy this issue.  Finally a celebrity celebrating domestic adoption! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • With everything she is going through I'm happy to see she has a reason to smile every day :)  He is adorable!
  • I was just about to post about this, too!  I'm happy for her.  He's a beautiful baby!

• What a wonderful story!  I'm so happy for her.
  • If my soon to be ex husband was screwing around on me with neonazi skanks, you better believe I would cut him out of my brown child's life.  Good for her...I like her even more now that she's one of us :)
  • I was so excited when I heard it was a domestic adoption. They were talking about this on the radio and the hosts were going off about how the reason so many parents adopt internationally is because of all the red tape with domestic adoptions. They said if it took this celebrity couple 4 years to adopt, can you imagine what it would take "normal" people? It started my blood boiling and I almost called in. I hope some of the timeframe is explained so that people don't continue to always associate domestic adoption with years of waiting. 
  • So happy for her, but sad for her relationship.  I'm even very sad for the fact that she seemed like such an ACTIVE stepmom and to top it off her husband cheats on her. So sad...
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • When I read that she had been in the process for FOUR YEARS I just thought "oh goodness. another reminder not to throw a pity party for myself."

I imagine how hard that would be to adopt domestically as a celebrity. I'm just curious if she had to do a closed or agency-placement because of that. I can only imagine. ( I remember a celebrity last year on national adoption day talking about her foster-adopt child). 

Anyway....the current situation in Sandra's story reminds me of the end of the movie Juno!

• Yesterday when I saw this I was so thrilled for her! Amazed that they could keep it secret!

I wonder if it took four years for an adoption to go through because maybe she was matched once or twice before but the birthmoms decided to parent. Or maybe because of her being "famous" she had to have a closed adoption so it took longer to find a birthmom that also wanted a closed adoption.

I was also surprised that the adoption is going through with her as a single parent.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"