Houston Babies

What new thing is your child doing lately? Milestones? Cute things? Annoying things?

Sam is finally getting his fine motor skills down.  Up until just a couple of months ago, he couldn't even hold a pencil correctly--he would just put a fist around it and scribble. He can even color a picture and stay in the lines now!  Well, for the most part.  And also, he's started adding numbers. 

Hannah--Her vocabulary has really expanded.  She is still a mama's girl and loves to cuddle or just sit with me.  Sometimes it can be hard when I need to get things done, but most of the time I just love it.  Especially since she was NOT a cuddler as a baby.  We have so many pictures of Sam sleeping on top of us, but none of Hannah because she'd always wiggle and turn over or try to get away.

Oh, and she's starting to get into Hello Kitty, which she calls "Hello Good Kitty."

Re: What new thing is your child doing lately? Milestones? Cute things? Annoying things?

• maddy had her 1st dentist visit last week, and she did AWESOME. 

she is not one to take to doctors and strangers, esp. when they want to touch her, so i was preparing for the worst. at one point during her brushing, i thought she wanted to hold my hand, but she was just waving.  i don't know if it's pg hormones or what, but i even got teary!

• Tori has started playing pretend.  You never know what she's going to come up with.  At the pedi's office Monday she was pretending to drive. She would sit in the chair, buckle her imaginary seatbelt, and drive.  She even stops for red lights.

When the pedi came in the room Tori made her sit on her stool and buckle up and go for a drive with her.  Hilarious!

She loves to sing Old McDonald's Farm and has for months, but now she mixes up the animal sounds to make sure we're paying attention.

• Loading the player...
  • Luca really love the Fisher Price Little People things... He calls them "my people"... When Lila trying to play with them or touch them he screams "No, my people my people". It's too funny! I need to get it on film. Lila loves to eat. The expressions on her face when she tries something new are hysterical. She had ice cream for her Birthday last night. We couldn't tell if she like it or hated it at first because of the scrunched up face look.
  • Annoying----  they fight constantly.  One always wants what the other has.  The screaming is really starting to get to me...  It's constant...
  • Rena can count to 15 and count to 10 in Spanish. And she's talking in complete sentences now. Just the other day she said "Mommy, Rena wants out of this carseat, NOW!". :) My parents got her an easel for her birthday and she drew a half circle with chalk and said "this is a mountain"! It was so cute. I'm amazed at how much she's learning in school!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Abbie is reading like a champ and has her first loose tooth!  I love that she can finally shower from start to finish by herself and clean her room correctly.

She becoming more and more obsessed with how her hair looks all the time.  She cried the other day because she couldn't smooth out a bump.  I just don't know how to handle this, I am and was the total opposite - I'm not sure where the girly girly perfectionist personality came from.

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • Tyler is crawling everywhere and he is getting really fast.  He also started pulling himself up and trying to step from the couch to the coffee table.

He has discovered the first few steps in our house as well. I have a feeling he is going to be an early walker like his daddy who was walking at 10 months-EEK!!

His language is really taking off. He says ma ma...da.da.da...and ga...ga.

He is also slowly starting to try and pick up his own food with no success but it is really cute to watch him make a mess!

• Cooper rolled back to tummy yesterday and was SO proud of himself!  He rolled tummy to back exactly a week earlier and now does both all the time.  He is also really focused on scooting on his tummy.  He can scoot a little ways on my mom's tile floor but not if he's on a rug or blanket.  It's funny because he looks like he's swimming.  I am sure he's going to be completely mobile way too soon but I'm ok with that because the kid just has way too much energy. Big Smile

He also plays peek-a-boo with my dad.  When we get to my parents' house in the morning he will see my dad and hide his face in my shoulder then pop his head up fast and grin and laugh at Grandaddy then quick hide his face again and repeat.  It is SO cute, he started this game all by himself and only plays it with my dad.  So so so sweet! 

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Jackson likes to tell me how to get places now.  He is constantly pointing and saying this way mommy or no, that way mommy.  And if I go a different route than normal, he always says "wrong way mommy."

Reese is finally growing, rolling everywhere and sitting up unassisted.  She is doing really good on her solids. 

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is taking more and more steps on his own.  He loves to point at everything and say "dah" so we are constantly telling him what everything is.  We got him a little slide for his b-day so he knows how to climb up it and then slide down...he has so much fun on it!  He is starting to give kisses which is just a big sloppy mess but so cute.
  • K is starting to spell and read, and really understands it (the little we've done). She can actually sound out some very small (3 letter words), so the phonics thing is already at work in her little mind.

She says the funniest things and keeps me laughing with her antics! She is still as busy as ever!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Avery is very into dressing up in her play clothes and has taken to trying to get them on Joseph as well.  Hilarious. 

Joseph is trying to emulate everything we say.  He can't say ball, but he'll say "A oooou" after we give him something almost like he is trying to say thank you.  He's also got quite an attitude for a 1 year old. I swear he gets it from his sister.  If he is doing something he isn't supposed to be doing, I'll say Joseph Gabriel.  The little stinker will just turn around and look at me and say "Mama."  He is a nut.  Avery has also taught him how to throw a mega fit.  Yeah, it is awesome.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • imageAggieDee:

Jackson likes to tell me how to get places now.  He is constantly pointing and saying this way mommy or no, that way mommy.  And if I go a different route than normal, he always says "wrong way mommy."

Reese is finally growing, rolling everywhere and sitting up unassisted.  She is doing really good on her solids. 

That is really cute about Jackson.
  • PAGASPAGAS member
    Finley has finally mastered "Mommy".  And it is mommy, mommy, mommy all the day long.  When I put her down for nap, she sings mommy for awhile before going to sleep.  It's really cute.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Cooper has rolled over a few times, but still hasn't quite figured out how to get his arm out so he just gets mad.  And he can reach and grab every toy on the playmat/gym thing.  I used to think that the mirror that hangs in the middle was really a far reach for him but he grabs and yanks on it all the time now.  It just makes me realize how big he is!

Also, he has figured out how to lift himself forward from leaning back on the sofa or pillows on the bed.  It's so cute because he can't tripod yet so he just sits there for a few seconds before falling over to the side.  I watched him do it over and over again this morning.

• imagePAGAS:
      When I put her down for nap, she sings mommy for awhile before going to sleep. 

That's so sweet!

Cameron rolled both ways a few times a few weeks ago, and ever since, it's like he thinks "Eh, checked that off the list - no need to do it again."  When he was in for his 4-month visit last week, the pedi said some babies will roll once or twice and then they're done with that.  He's super vocal these days - lots of things that sound just like "Hey" and "Hi!" - and in the last few days here, he's all about making diaper changes challenging by lifting his tush up and trying to scoot around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Evan is starting to smile and coo. When we talk to him he will usually try to respond with some really cute noises. And if you imitate him, he will do it again and again.

He is also starting to make the cutest pouty face in the world. This is when we know he is crying because he isn't getting his way, so we just start laughing. Half the time he will forget about pouting and start smiling. I love it!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Noah is reading!  I'm really proud of him and I can't believe how fast he picked it up. 
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • DD was sucking her fingers at our ultrasound this morning. That's the cutest thing I've seen recently :)

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagehendy02:
    DD was sucking her fingers at our ultrasound this morning. That's the cutest thing I've seen recently :)

that's awesome!  our 20 week u/s is in 12 more days and I can't see this girlie.  Mar was never a thumb sucker so it will be curious if Ginger does it.

Mar is PT'd now.  She's napped dry for almost a week, so I think we might be moving to panties for naptimes now too.  Still use dipes at night, but we're down to less than ten dipes a week.  Switched to sposies because we just didn't have enough to wash.  Which means now I get to get the newborn stash back out Smile

• Mason's vocabulary is really starting to flourish  (I was getting worried for a while there), considering the fact he can now say "Sponge Bob" and tries to sing the theme song when it's on...I think the only thing I need to worry about now is how much tv he is watching!

Annoying thing, he has learned how to use the word "no" properly, when he doesn't want to do something...I think he went from 21 months to teenager over night!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • I heard DS say Bubbles over the phone the other night.  It was SO cute!  "BUH Bu" (in a high pitched voice).  He is also giving kisses - he will lean out his mouth for you to kiss it.  My heart melts with that one.

No so fun - he does NOT like his diaper changed.  As soon as I lay him down to change him, he screams and squirms and flips his hips.  NOT fun!

• Cute Sam and Hannah stories. :)

Lucas: He is very into dinosaurs. He identified T-rex from the bones at the museum last week. But, if you must know, the name is, "Dinosaur T-Rex." If you call it just a T-Rex, you get the three-year-old lecture. I am just surprised at how much he is learning and retaining.

Sean: He is pretty much able to get anywhere he wants to go. He is completely disinterested in sitting. Why sit when you can scoot around and get into trouble? He'll crawl very soon. Where did my sweet little baby go? 

The Brothers: The both of them together make me laugh. They play together and in the car they make each other laugh. It is so nice to watch them grow in their relationship. 

• Tracey is going to have a lot of new words at her 15 month appointment. When I ask her to say something she tries to repeat it. Sometimes it sounds close and sometimes not at all, but she's always make an attempt. Tonight she tried to repeat "snail" while we were reading a book (it came out "nai"). She's saying "mimi" for my mom and "sta" for my dad (Mista). rrr's dad was here last weekend and I had her saying "pa bob" for Grandpa Bob. 

She is getting really good at going up and down the stairs. This is incredibly helpful in the mornings!

Embarrassing thing she's doing: she does this crazy excited "eat!eat!eat!" complete with the sign whenever the microwave beeps. Like tonight when the timer went off while I was putting her to bed. Do I really use the microwave that much!?!

• Ally:  Just a happy and jolly baby...always smiling (she rarely laughs though).  And now she's playing with her toys on her jumperoo!

Emmy:  Little miss jokster.  She says the funniest things to make me laugh.  And I'm so proud that in a way, she knows how to kind of do simple mathematics/counting.  She told me that we needed to get more hamburgers (she was eating the last frozen one).  And then I said, okay, I'll go buy some this weekend.  She then said, we need 3 of them..one for mommy, daddy, and Emmy.  And so I just confirmed that I would buy 3 of them.  Then she tells me "no mommy, just 2 for you and daddy because I already have one".  I know she knows how to count...but this was to me more like 3-1=2.   Maybe it's just in my head that she's smart...hahaha

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"