Single Parents

CoAbode?

https://www.co-abode.com/

Anyone familiar with this service? Good, bad?

Re: CoAbode?

• I looked over the link like this Indifferent.  But then again, I am not one for roommates either.  I wouldn't want someone else living with my kids or in my business.  Some people don't mind that, and for some it's a necessity.  I had never heard of it before, so I can't comment on whether it's good or bad.

So what's your story, are you thinking about joining us?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Agree with Fauxshelley.  I think the OP posted some time ago and was trying to decide whether or not to file for divorce.  X has a history of drug use.  Her story was similar to mine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Since I wrote last DH has come and gone twice, and as of yesterday he's diappeared again. I'm done. I can't afford to live on my own so I am living with his in-laws, I need to at least seperate, get away otherwise he'll just keep coming back with excuses and begging me to give him more chances. I don't care whether he's using or not at this point (he's never alone with DD), he can't just walk in and out of our lives whenever he wants.

DD and I would both be much happier if we could get away from him. I would like control over how much he sees us, not the other way around.

He'll break DD's heart (when she's older and knows whats going on) if I let him keep doing this, and I'll be the one who has to try and fix it then, that's too late. 

• I wanted to clarify, that DH and I moved into my IL's together after DD was born, so DH will keep returning there. So I need to go somewhere else.

I've been looking at apartment prices in my area, I'd have to get a studio in a not so great area or a 1 bedroom in a really bad area.

• Do you have family (not your ILs) or friends you can stay with until you get back on your feet? 

Good luck!

• imagefauxshelley:

Do you have family (not your ILs) or friends you can stay with until you get back on your feet? 

Good luck!

Unfortunatley my parents house is full. I know that they would let me go there, but I don't know where DD and I would live. They have a 4 bedroom home with 7 perople (three of my sisters, and two of my nieces) living in it...

Although, I've just realized I might be able to get one of my sisters out of there to help share rent with me... I don't know if she makes enough money at her job though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"