Secondary IF

Did you have IF with DC#1?

Hi - I was a regular on the IF board a few years back, and on my 2nd injectables/IUI round (after several failed Clomid/IUI's) I became pregnant with DS and delivered a healthy, beautiful baby boy in February 2008. About 6 weeks after DS was born I had the Mirena inserted and never had a period after. I had the Mirena removed in February, started a period 3 days later, then had one exactly 28 days later. Since then, nothing, besides about five negative pregnancy tests.

I was really hoping that I would be regular again after DS and I am petrified to go the the IF treatment round again. I felt like the meds made me a raving lunatic, and as much as I love DS with all my heart and soul, I am absolutely petrified to go through treatments again for the multiples risk. I think I could handle having another baby, but the thought of twins or more makes me want to have a panic attack.

Oh, my problem before was a non-typical PCOS. Basically, I really didn't have any other symptoms besides the fact that I didn't ovulate at all, so they kind of threw me in a catchall category.

So, anyhow, I was just wondering if this is your second round of infertility. Any advice? I knew it is still early and my body could be regulating itself, but this is exactly what happened when I went off the pill years back, I just stopped getting a period. Ugh, frustrating!!!

Re: Did you have IF with DC#1?

• I guess I should mention that I am only about three weeks late, so I know it is way too early to panic, but I just don't want to go through that heartache again so I am freaking out.
  • I honestly don't know.  I was beginning IF treatments with ex-DH and had gone through all the early testing when we separated from all the stress.  We had been trying for over a year.

While going through our divorce, I met current DH and our DD was unplanned because I was told that I would most likely not conceive without medical intervention.

So really, I have no idea what category I fall in.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, with my first and second.  Don't listen to people who tell you 'having a baby will regulate your system!'....not really true with anyone I know who was annovulatory.

I knew I would have troubles from age 14 when I was getting AF 4-5 times a year.  They put me on the pill to regulate me and sure enough, when I went off at any point, my long annovulatory cycles begin again.  I've been off the pill since December to try for #3 and have had one 90 day cycle, one 45 day cycle, and I'm on day 20 and no Ovulation in sight :-(.  I really wish it would be easier......my DH especially hates the pressure to 'perform' in a given time frame whenever the drugs decide to work.  We'd both love to be able to just try 'normally' when you can decide 'hey, there is always next month!' without it meaning a ton more drugs, money, and stress.

• I had IF for my first kiddo, and IF for this time around as well.

I personally know of people that indeed HAVE got pregnant on their own the 2nd time ( after IF ) with PCOS. So it does happen.

Are you ovulating on your own?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was the opposite..no IF the firs time, actually was a surprise pregnancy but big time IF issues this time!
  • imagemita0523:
    I was the opposite..no IF the firs time, actually was a surprise pregnancy but big time IF issues this time!

Me too.

• Yes, I've gone through it with both #1 and #2.  It actually helped to be prepared for likely difficulty TTC #2, IMHO, and I already had an RE whom I loved.
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • imageMandyMilller:

imagemita0523:
    I was the opposite..no IF the firs time, actually was a surprise pregnancy but big time IF issues this time!

Me too.

Me three!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • No! Pregnant on the first try...go figure
  • We had difficulty when TTC #1 as well.  I actually had a much harder time with our IF when TTC #2, mostly because of the questions from family, friends, co-workers, etc. (ie.  when is DD going to be a big sister, isn't it about time for #2, you're not getting any younger so better start trying soon).  The first time we were private about our IF but the second time around it just wasn't possible. GL!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFrankie:
    We had difficulty when TTC #1 as well.  I actually had a much harder time with our IF when TTC #2, mostly because of the questions from family, friends, co-workers, etc. (ie.  when is DD going to be a big sister, isn't it about time for #2, you're not getting any younger so better start trying soon).  The first time we were private about our IF but the second time around it just wasn't possible. GL!!

Same here.  I found it much harder this time around.  Knowing that it can happen but isn't, makes it so much harder. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmandaMacD:
    imageMandyMilller:

imagemita0523:

Me too.

Me three!

Me four!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • imageAmandaMacD:
    imageMandyMilller:

imagemita0523:

Me too.

Me three!

Me four!

No clue why it posted twice...sorry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Nope, my first one was a surprise!! Which frustrated the hell out of me when it took over a year with one m/c to get PG with #2.  I don't think you fall in any category per say...secondary IF is having trouble after the first one regardless of whether or not it was easy that time or not.
    Gabrielle & Ed - Married 10.22.05
    Mommy to Stephanie Lena - 2.13.07 and Evan Ralph - 9.23.10
    Angel Baby (m/c at 9 weeks) - 1.2.09

Christmas Card Picture - 2011
    (aka: the only picture I could get of them together that was not blurry and had them both sitting still!)

Click here for My Bio

The Stephanie Song...click here to listen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"