North Carolina Babies

Food poll

When did you start feeding solids to the baby?

What did you start with? 

What were the fave foods for the first few months? 

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight?

Re: Food poll

• When did you start feeding solids to the baby? 6 months

What did you start with? Sweet potatoes and applesauce

What were the fave foods for the first few months?   applesauce, yogurt, and butternut squash

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? TJ Salmon with spinach stuffing - yummo!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What did you start with? oatmeal, sweet potatoes, avocado

What were the fave foods for the first few months?  pears, sweet potatoes, pretty much any fruit/fruit combo, puffs

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? good question...haven't really thought about it yet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When did you start feeding solids to the baby? 5.5 months

What did you start with? Rice cereal

What were the fave foods for the first few months? Baby oatmeal, avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash, bananas (I found this chart from wholesomebabyfood.com to be very helpful in terms of what I should be feeding him when. I printed it out and kept it on my refrigerator.)

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight?

Tilapia, brown rice and green beans

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When did you start feeding solids to the baby? right after 5 mos

What did you start with? rice cereal, then oatmeal

What were the fave foods for the first few months? bananas, peas, prunes!

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? we're having "grab bag" (everyone fend for themselves!)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Started cereal at 4 months (not all that consistently though).  We did just cereal until 6 months then started veggies.  Once we started veggies he loved sweet potatoes!

I think rotisserie chicken and squash casserole.... DH is having a work dinner, so no vegetarian meal tonight! Big Smile 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecate1119:

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? TJ Salmon with spinach stuffing - yummo!

Just bought this Monday - can't wait to try it!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

What did you start with? Avocado and banana

What were the fave foods for the first few months? He didn't really like solids until 7 or 8 months.  Then he liked banana, carrots, green beans, oatmeal cereal

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? Vegetable beef soup

• When did you start feeding solids to the baby?4 months

What did you start with? rice cereal

What were the fave foods for the first few months? green beans and pears

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? veggie burgers and sweet potato fries
  • When did you start feeding solids to the baby? We started at 6 months.

What did you start with? We started with cereal, she hated it, so I went straight to fruit and veggies (sweet potatoes). I know people recommend not starting with fruit, but we did not have many issues with it (not wanting veggies after eating fruit first).

What were the fave foods for the first few months? Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, apples and pears.

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? I have Bunco tonight, so I will probably just snack on what everyone brings b/c I don't think I will have time to fix dinner.
  • When did you start feeding solids to the baby? 6 months, but he had no interest until closer to 7.5

What did you start with? We did sweet potato

What were the fave foods for the first few months?   He is a PICKY eater, and his favorite things are basically yogurt and crackers Embarrassed

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? Sausage, spinach and rotini tossed in garlic and olive oil, with bread and a lovely glass of chardonnay Wink
  • When did you start feeding solids to the baby? 4 Months

What did you start with? Cereal and veggies

What were the fave foods for the first few months? green beans and peas

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? It is pasta night.  Baked Rigatoni and Salad

• Answer to the first three questions:  I haven't had my baby yet so I can't answer...but, I keep hearing great things about the book Super Baby Food.  It talks about when to introduce different foods to your baby and at what stages.  I think that is what I'm going to go off of.  (If you are interested in the book I know you can get it cheaper on Ebay and Amazon!)

What are we eating for dinner? Chicken Coconut Curry with brown rice and green salad!  

• imagemurph04:

(I found this chart from wholesomebabyfood.com to be very helpful in terms of what I should be feeding him when. I printed it out and kept it on my refrigerator.)

Thanks for the link, I'm printing the chart right now! 

Is it hilarious to you that this site about making your own healthy baby food has a big Dunkin Donuts ad on it? :)

What did you start with? oatmeal mixed with BM

What were the fave foods for the first few months? squash, sweet potatoes, bananas (DS was very weird and did not like "the real deal"...he preferred baby food from jars.  I guess like father like son.)

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? We were having spaghetti but DH just called and vetoed that idea.  So, I don't know what he has up his sleeve.
  • When did you start feeding solids to the baby?4 months.  i wanted to wait til 6 months but ds had severe reflux and poor weight gain, so the doc told us to try it to help with both.

What did you start with? rice cereal mixed w/bmilk, then later formula

What were the fave foods for the first few months? so far his favorite is cantaloupe and zucchini

And a random one to wrap it up: What are YOU eating for dinner tonight? we had pan fried chicken w/veggies and baked potato, very yummy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"