Health & Exercise
Options

Belly Belt after C-Section

I'm having twins, probably by c-section and want to wear a belly belt to star the healing process and to keep things together for toning post-baby.  Any recommendations? 

Re: Belly Belt after C-Section

• Options
    I didn't get a c-section but I got the belly bandit and I love it!! my stomach is pretty much back to its normal size. Sometimes it can feel annoying (it gets hot sometimes), but it was great for belly support. I didn't like all that extra skin flapping around and the belly bandit just sucked it right in.
  • Options

Hey Biz! Belly belts are great for helping you feel supported after a c/s and sucking stuff in under a sweater, but they are a total joke for toning and regaining your tummy. I say that from personal experience and from the opinion of two of my OBGYNs.

I bounced back much quicker from my vaginal with no belt. I would love to hear from anyone who did it both ways and found the belt to actually do something.

I got a Belly Bandit on clearance at Target (online return for $13) but it wouldn't have been worth $60 IMHO. 

Good luck! The second time is just harder anyway, c/s or no, from what everyone tells me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check with your doctor because mine told me not to wear a belly belt after my c-section because it could interfere with the healing process. He said he wanted the incision to get air and be able to breathe and that could cause it to get overheated and become a breeding ground for infection. My incision healed very quickly and cleanly. I was bummed because I bought two in different sizes. Turns out the sit ups got me back in shape anyway, just took a little longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"