North Carolina Babies

Mothers Day Poll

1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day?

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing?

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done?

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day?

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? 

Re: Mothers Day Poll

• 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? Probably a card and some flowers.  I'm not really expecting anything.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing? Last year I told DH that I wanted a mother's necklace.  I had been asking for it for awhile though.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done? My 1st mother's day was when DS was very young (like a week old or something), and I didn't even get a card. I was kind of disappointed.  Last year was good though.

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day? I usually get her a card and a gift.  I think last year I gave her an orchid. This year I'm thinking of taking her out for a pedicure or out for movie and a lunch. I think it'd be nice for us to spend some time together.

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? Not really. I've always at least gotten my mom a card, and I usually do a gift and make dinner or something like that.

• imageMrsJones2005:

1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? Maybe a hanging basket of flowers.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing? Not really... All I want is a nice thoughtful card.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done?  I'm not sure... dh is a horrible gift giver in general so I don't get my expectations up to high.

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day? Card, maybe gift card but this year she will be down for mother's day and I know it will be really hard weekend for her since she just lost her own mother so I may do a little something extra for her.

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself?  No not really.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? Who knows.  I told DH I only wanted a card!  Hopefully he listens.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing?  I let him do his thing

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done? Very pleased, he went above and beyond my expectations last year. 

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day?  It varies from year to year.  Sometimes we visit her mother's grave, we've gone shopping, dinner, etc. This year my sister and I have decided to spend the day shopping and let her pick out her mother's day gift.  Yay for a girl's day!!

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? Not really.  We've always tried to make the day special.  I have always appreciated her.  However, now that I have a child, I appreciate her even more!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day?

I have absolutely no idea. 

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing?

I haven't even brought up Mother's Day in reference to myself.  I actually already bought myself a Mother's Day gift and I'll just tell him about it.  I didn't want to ask him for it b/c I just want him to do something or give me something b/c he wants to not b/c that's what I want. 

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done?

Last year was my first Mother's Day and DD was just a few weeks old and I didn't get anything....no card...nothing.  He told me that I wasn't his mom.  I was kinda surprised b/c he gave me such a big gift right after I gave birth to her that I thought I'd at least get a card or something.  He's a super sweet DH too.  That was just an off day.  We were still in those stressful NB days!

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day?

If we're with her, we usually either take her out to lunch or cook for her.  We always give her a gift and try to make her feel extremely special. 

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? 

Not really, but I do see the day in a different perspective now that I'm a mom.

• 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? Probably nothing.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing? If I wanted anything I would have to outright tell him.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done? Yes, last year I emailed him the necklace I wanted, and he got it plus a Willow Tree statue for me and a card.

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day? Usually a card, or flowers. Since moving to NC we've been able to be there with my sister on Mothers Day. We will be this year.

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? No.

• 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? Probably a card or a spa gift certificate.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing? I think I had hinted at the spa gift certificate the past couple years, but I have not said anything this year because I am trying to tighten up our budget, so I would be happy with a card.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done? Yes, he has given me spa gift certificates, can't go wrong with those!

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day? My sister and I are making her brunch, we will probably get her a card and some other small gift

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? Not really, if anything, I think I get her less than I did before I had Ashley.

• 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? I was only expecting a card, but he offered a suggestion and asked me for others.  He asked me for the link to what I suggested, so I think I'll be getting a personalized baby book for DS from Etsy.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing? If he asks I'll give suggestions, but I usually let him do his own thing.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done? It's technically not even my first, since DS won't be born yet.

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day? We buy flowers, a card and a small gift (usually sentimental - pictures, etc)

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? No

• 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day?I already have it.  I ordered a PPB diaper bag to use with the new baby. 

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing?Normally he picks things out like Pandora charms, picture frames, or flowers.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done?Very pleased

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day?I get them something from the kids and something from my DH and I.  The kids normally make magnets or something they create and I pick clothes or jewerly.  The coolest year was when I ordered pearls still in the shell and we harvested them and put them in necklaces.  They loved it and so did the entire family.  Everyone got involved.

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself? Not really, I always try to find something that she would not expect, but would love to have!

• 1. What do you think you'll get for Mothers day? a card from DH, and one from Holly...maybe flowers. And I'm sure a gift from Holly from DC.

2. Do you hint at things, tell DH straight up, or  just let him do his thing? I don't really expect gifts for Mother's Day. For my b'day he'll flat out ask, and I'll tell him (this year it's going to be a super romantic storm door!), for Christmas we both usually make Amazon wish lists.

3.  In the past (if this isn't your 1st mothers day) have you been pleased or not pleased with how he's done? This is only my 2nd, but I got cards and I think flowers last year. I was completely happy with that.

4. What do you do for your mother for mothers day? cards and a small gift

5. Have you changed what you do for your mother since becoming a mother yourself?  No.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"