Pregnant after 35
Options

35 in 2 months - Due December

Hi ladies!  Just found this board & Maybe this is where I belong??

I will be 35 on June 21st with my FIRST baby due December... I am so scared...

Anyone else who is 34/35 and Preg for the 1st time?  So many questions, strange feelings and unsureities!  My 1st doc appt is tomorrow

Re: 35 in 2 months - Due December

• Options
    Hi!  I turned 35 and got pregnant about the same week, due in November.  I have my 12 week appt in 3 weeks and I can't wait.  I'm definitely nervous, but I'm also thrilled that I am able to get pregnant.  That was my first concern after waiting so long to start.  Now I'm just counting the seconds to hear my doc say everything is fine at 12 weeks.  I don't think the worrying will stop until birth, and then I guess a whole other type of worrying will start:)
  • Options

SOO nice to "meet you" Julieanna21!  I agree - I think I will be worrying forever but the nervousness of doing everything right is overwhelming.  We didn't think we could even get pregnant b/c my medical history is not the best but now that I am, I'm scared and excited at the same time!

My DH is 4 years younger than I am and I am so concerned with my energy levels even this early on - I feel worthless due to sickness.

Did your doc consider you high-risk because of your age?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome.

• Options
    Welcome! I just turned 36, but I'm cooking baby #2 right now. Glad to have you aboard the AMA train!
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!!! I'm 38 and pregnant with my first .. yup, totally nervous too :)   
  • Options

I am 38 and pregnant with my 2nd ( had the first at 36) and let me assure you I am still nervous!  I think that is just part of becoming a mom.  Welcome and H&H 9 months to you!

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so glad I checked out this board!  It's great to see all of you with such successes. 

To Jenn, my DH is two years younger, and it just seems like he has so much more energy than me.  I'm definitely exhausted as well but I don't think it's solely because of our age.  If you check out first tri people are daily posting about exhaustion and they're not all necessarily 35+.  I'm not considered high risk and my doc says so far so good.  Before I knew I was pg I was sooo tired I thought, how can I have waited so long to do this, I'm old!?  I bought a Wii Fit and followed a nutritional plan for about a month.  I was so thrilled to learn that it was pregnancy and not age that was making me so tired.  Because of food aversions and queasy stomach the diet is out the window and I can't get on the Wii without wanting to be sick, so I'm more worried about maintaining a healthy weight than anything.  My sis gained 60 pounds, had bed rest, and kidney stones while pg so I'm just drinking as much water as possible and anxiously awaiting second tri, when doc says many symptoms subside and healthy eating and working out will be easier to keep up with.  Beautiful sticky babies for all of usSmile 

• Options
    I'm 33 and pregnant with my first child.  Couldn't be more excited and nervous all at once.  :)
  • Options

Julie - Do you like the WII fit?  I just got hte WII so I could get the WII fit.  Just curious. 

Thanks. :)

• Options
    I love the Wii Fit, but there a couple of drawbacks.  For one there is no pregnancy setting on it.  So I had lost 7 pounds after using it for a month, then found out I was pg.  The next time I got on it basically told me wow you got fat:)  And if you miss a couple of days it gives you a lecture.  I haven't used it in about two weeks because of morning sickness, so I'm sure when I get back on I'll be getting a good talking-to!  Make sure you get the Wii Fit Plus, it has more stuff.  There is a lot of fluff but once you figure out which games you like you'll be able move pretty quick.  Once my m/s calms down I'm looking forward to starting the yoga moves for my back, and the light aerobics because the potato chip and ginger ale diet is showing up in thighville bigtime!
  • Options
    I'm 34, will be 35 at delivery, and this is my first. I relate completely to the fatigue, which I'm sure is worsened by the meds I am on (I had to do IVF), and my work schedule (until 1130pm).

wishing you a boring, uneventful pregnancy.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

So glad I checked this thread back!  I am 7 weeks 1 day today and feeling like POO!  No fun - excited for this baby but the excitement is tough to show when you look and feel like an OLD EXHAUSTED chick! Lol!

35th birthday is right around the corner - June 21st - and as of today I feel like celebrating with sweatpants, mac-n-cheese and a comfy blanket!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"