Baby Showers

Thank you cards for work shower

I was very surprised and blessed to have a shower thrown by my coworkers.  Many of the employees pitched in for the "office gift" and many of them bought gifts on thier own.

I was thinking that I would send one thank you card to the entire "team" and then I would send individual cards to the people that bought gifts on thier own. Is this the best way to go about it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you cards for work shower

• No, that's lazy and tacky.  Each person who contibuted to the office gift should get their own thank you card.  They put in their own money.  I could see if your employer bought one gift from everyone where this might be acceptable, but if several people contributed, they each need to be thanked individually.
  • The last time we had an office shower for a baby or wedding, the individual sent out an email thank you to everyone involved with a wedding/baby picture.

Since I now work in a very small office, if they do anything (once they know) I would hand write a thank you for each of them.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLisa602:

The last time we had an office shower for a baby or wedding, the individual sent out an email thank you to everyone involved with a wedding/baby picture.

Since I now work in a very small office, if they do anything (once they know) I would hand write a thank you for each of them.

That is even worse than a community hand written note and I would be mad.  I didn't send them a picture of an item off their registry.

• I had surprise work shower thrown for me last week and everyone contributed money or a gift.  I gave everyone individually a thank-you card who gave me something since they all contributed individually.  I thought it was only right that they all get their own thank-you cards since they all contributed individually. I did over 25 thank-you cards the other day for my co-workers.  I wanted to get them done since I have my big family shower this weekend and will be doing tons more thank-you cards next week.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I see- I will be sure to thank everyone individually.  I am clueless about this and that is why I asked.  Thank you for the suggestions!

• I'm going to buck the trend and say it depends.  If you actually know who contributed to the office gift and you work in a small to medium sized office, I agree it is best to send everyone an individual thank you note.  In our office, when we do a mutual gift, it's voluntary who chips in (a lot of people always do, but there's a group that gives sometimes but not others), but the card always says its from the group, not individual names.  In larger offices I've worked in, you might have 50-100 people chipping in a buck or two.  In the two latter situations, I don't think a single card for the group gift is inappropriate.

• I agree with, it depends, in my office I 'work with' or 'Support' around 100-200 people, not including various people who we all still stay in contact with, but work in other departments. When they have a shower, 3 or 4 people organize it, then everyone puts in a few bucks. (Makes for nice gifts and a nice cake) Not sure how you can do individual cards. The guests generally send an email out to the group. None of us have ever been offended by it. I guess if you only work with 3 or 4 people, it would be very different.

I thought it was really neat, the poster whose company bought a gift. I cannot imagine that, there are over 90,000 employees at my company. LOL we would bankrupt.

• I just had a work shower, I got 4 individual gifts and then the rest of the group (about 25) contributed to a gift card.  They did sign a card so I plan to write thank yous. However, no one has ever done more than a group email thankyou.  I always contribute to the group gift and have never received a personal thank you note (and was never offended).  I really think it depends on what the history is at your company.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't think it is lazy or tacky to give a group thank you and then individual to those that gave individually.  If I gave some $ to a group gift I would not think it strange, tacky or lazy if there was a thank you posted to all of us.  I've seen it done many, many times (matter of fact EVERY time) at places I've worked and they have given a group gift.  Not everyone contributes for one thing and/or not everyone who DID contribute gets their name down on the card.  It happens.  I remember one time...everyone but two people contributed but all the names were put on the card.  So...was the MTB supposed to send them a thank you (even though they did not contribute to the gift)...there was no shower...just the gift was given.  Besides I have worked where there are like 30 women...it would be ridiculous to send thank yous to all of them.
  • Some coworkers pooled their money together and purchased a gift certificate.  We are writing out individual thank yous to everyone that contributed.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"