Secondary IF

thoughts on accupuncture??

A friend of mine was being helpful and forwarded an email that she got from "a friend of a friend" saying that she was finally pg and was saying that accupuncture is what got her the BFP.......What are your thoughts on it??

Re: thoughts on accupuncture??

• I'd love to know about it as well.

I don't think accupuncture can increase my ovarian reserve, give me fertile CM or unblock my tube though... 

• I did acupuncture when I was overdue, to get my labor goin. So I asked him about this and infertility and he kinda smirked and said he does not believe it's helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally believe in it.  Two of the moms in my group credit acupuncture for their pregnancies.  The first was unexplained IF.  She did clomid, IUI and IVF.  All unsuccessful.  She stopped all meds and did acupuncture and within 2 cycles was pg.

The second mom was on the pill and when she went off it she never got her period back.  She was able to get pg with medical help with her first.  Then she never got her period back after that baby either.  So she went in for acupuncture to try and get it started.  Well she ended up being pg after 1 month.  She never got her period because they were having unprotected sex not realizing she would ovulate.  

My DH has been doing acupuncture and he has had an increase in testosterone but morph/motility still stink.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've done it, but then had to take a break cycle and hope to start it up again soon.  My acupuncturist said that even though my ovarian reserve is low and have no tubes, he can help increase the follicle quantity/quality, reduce my stress, and increase blood flow to uterus.  I also took herbal supplements and omega 3 oil.  I'm trying to stay positive that between acu and IVF, it will all work out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • I think it helps- I usually O late- CD18 -20.  The RE had mentioned that I *may* be releasing a weaker egg so I started acupunture to help with that along with recurrent early m/c.  It did move my O date up by a few days which I was grateful for.  I did not get a BFP with acupuncture but I am not giving up on it. I took this month off but I may start up again soon.

Good luck if you decide to go for it- cant hurt :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am convinced it helped me!!!! Even with the Metformin I was on, I was still O-ing super late.  After my acupuncture treatment the next cycle I O-ed on Day 14 which had never happened.  I will never know if that's what helped me get PG...I was also doing yoga every single day for 2 months prior as well.  The acu definitely relaxed me though, it can't hurt to give it a try! I only went once a month since my insurance did not cover it and it was $$$.
    Gabrielle & Ed - Married 10.22.05
    Mommy to Stephanie Lena - 2.13.07 and Evan Ralph - 9.23.10
    Angel Baby (m/c at 9 weeks) - 1.2.09

Christmas Card Picture - 2011
    (aka: the only picture I could get of them together that was not blurry and had them both sitting still!)

Click here for My Bio

The Stephanie Song...click here to listen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would not have DD were it not for acupuncture and herbs.  I didn't do acupuncture as often with #2 but I did do it the week before my BFP and I'm so thankful that I did.  But yes, it can really regulate one's body as much as possible on its own, and DD is singing right now because of it, LOL. :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"