Connecticut Babies

Hartford area second time mommy here....name help please!

Hi ladies,

I'm in the Hartford area and have posted various times re: our baby girl name choice, but I would like to know what my local bumpies think about it.  Seems like everyone who absolutely loves it isn't local, so I'm wondering if it's a regional thing.  Ok it's the name Evelyn.  Evelyn Rose B (two syllable last name).  Yay or nay?  TIA!

Re: Hartford area second time mommy here....name help please!

• Rose is becoming a super popular middle name (which I only notice b/c it's a family name for me) and Evelyn just squeaked onto the CT top 100 at 97 in 2008.

As far as lovely and classic I don't think you could pick better.  It's a beautiful choice.

• imageShezzie:

Rose is becoming a super popular middle name (which I only notice b/c it's a family name for me) and Evelyn just squeaked onto the CT top 100 at 97 in 2008.

As far as lovely and classic I don't think you could pick better.  It's a beautiful choice.

Thanks!  I'm almost 100% sold on it.  My mil hates it, which bothered me for about a day or two, but I think I'm over it, and she'll just have to deal with it Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Meh.  She got to name her kid(s); you get to name yours.  All that matters is that you and the father like it!
  • I think it's very pretty and I agree with PP on your MIL.  My MIL pushed HARD when we said we weren't going to name DS after my DH.  Until the day DS was born.  Screw her, like PP said, she got to name her kids.
  • It's not my style, but as long as you like it, that's the important part.
  • I've let the name roll off my tongue a few times and I like it!
  • I like it too. (Though, I've always been partial to Rose, it was my grandmother's name.)

• It's a beautiful name... I am partial to the older traditional names, such as Victoria, Isabella, etc.  Evelyn Rose sounds good!
  • its perfect I think. thats our name... Evelyn Rose B

Both are family names for us

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"