Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

scar tissue after vaginal delivery

Has anyone had issues with scar tissue from delivering vaginally and either tearing or having an episiotomy? I went to my midwife several months ago because I was so dry and having so much difficulty having sex that I thought I needed to see what was up. She said I may have some scar tissue but she thought it might also be hormonal so she had me try some estrogen first. That seemed to help for awhile but now the pain is back and worse than ever and the area where I was stitched is really itchy and seems inflamed. I plan to call and make another appointment but I was just curious if anyone else has experienced something similar. If so, what did you do for it?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: scar tissue after vaginal delivery

• My very best friend is experiencing the same thing and has opted to surgically address the issue. Go see your OB or GP for a discussion on your options. She too tried estrogen first to no avail. The surgery is minimally invasive (as can be) and is performed often for these types of issues. Best of luck.
  • I have blocked most of the specifics of this experience out of my mind, but I tore and somehow the scar tissue grew outside my vaginal wall. I had it burned off in my OB/Gyn's office in a process that only took a few minutes. It was fairly uncomfortable, but not nearly as uncomfortable as not having the procedure done at all.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a forcep delivery with 2 3rd degree tears an lots of scar tissue. Sex was painful 12 months after DS was born. I finally mentioned it to my midwife and she said the practice offers pelvic floor PT. I started in February and I have been 9 times now.

I am happy to report that I had sex this weekend and for the 1st time in 15 or so months I had ZERO pain. Horray! Yes we still need to use lubricant but PT is helping to break down the scar tissue and relax the pelvic floor muscles.

I would look into PT before surgery. GL

Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for all the great suggestions! I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with my midwife so hopefully she'll be able to guide me to some great options but it is nice having some ideas in advance.

Thanks again.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had granular tissue build up.  It was so painful that I couldn't even pee without it burning and nearly making me cry.  My ob/gyn burned it off in the office.  That part hurt like hell but the relief a day later was worth it.  GL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have pain in my perineal tear but I think that is just from preg.  They said they could try an epist this time to try and repair it but not sure it will help. Definately see the OB again 
  • imageAnika11:
    I had granular tissue build up.  It was so painful that I couldn't even pee without it burning and nearly making me cry.  My ob/gyn burned it off in the office.  That part hurt like hell but the relief a day later was worth it.  GL.

I had this too and my OB burned it off with silver nitrate during an office visit.  It hurt like crazy at the time, but was much better by a day later.  This was after trying 3 rounds of estrogen cream to no avail.  I had it at about 7 months after DD was born and it's been great since.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"