North Carolina Babies

"Why HR might not be for me" by MrsHughes

1. I had to fire someone Friday. It blew.

2. I have to have a meeting with/give a verbal warning to someone tomorrow for constantly wiping boogers on the wall over the urinal in the men's locker room. He has been spoken to before about it too. Yes, he's a grown adult father of 3.

nft.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: "Why HR might not be for me" by MrsHughes

• Haha i'm sorry but the second one made me laugh! Seriously, what is wrong with people!

As for the first one maybe you need to hire someone like George Clooney (as in the Up in the Air movie) to take over that for you! :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Boogers? Really? Unless you work in a daycare, that is not acceptable...the offer still stands...you could move to the boonies and work on our farm! Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • kac--I saw that movie and definitely thought that might be the worst job ever!

tracelini--very tempting!!!

• on the 2nd one..... GROSSSSS!!!!  

Just remember every job has craptastic responsibilities (at least I like to tell myself that!) 

You should keep a journal and write a book on the crazy stuff you hear or see... I think #2 would fall into that! 

• Hughes--I think coach is onto something. Definitely start a journal, you never know what kind of a book or job coaching career that could turn into.

Seriously, #2 is just disgusting.

• omg how will you approach #2?  I can't think of any good way to start that convo!
  • Sad to number 1.

Indifferent to number 2.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekmb0806:
    omg how will you approach #2?  I can't think of any good way to start that convo!

I'd start by handing him a box of tissues and a set of detailed written instructions on how to blow your nose and properly dispose of a tissue. Then say, "Any questions?"

Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemurph04:

imagekmb0806:
    omg how will you approach #2?  I can't think of any good way to start that convo!

I'd start by handing him a box of tissues and a set of detailed written instructions on how to blow your nose and properly dispose of a tissue. Then say, "Any questions?"

LOL..That is a great idea, Murph!!!

Luckily, I think I can approach it in a somewhat joking manner, knowing the guy. But still--how ludicrous!

• I want to know what the wall looks like next to the toilet at home. I bet they painted the wall yellow.

• imagemurph04:

imagekmb0806:

Bwaaaa-haaa-haa!  (What great timing b/c I believe HT has a good deal on Kleenex since it is triple coupon week) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • O.k. how does everyone know who the booger person is?  Does he do it in front of people? 

WOW, I don't think I could do HR! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• I've had to fire someone too and it's awful.  Especially since the guy I fired had 4 kids and was the sole breadwinner.  I felt horrible. 

As for the buggers - seriously - WTF are people thinking!  Grow up!  Maybe give him a boogie wipe...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • GL w/ #2! I don't know how I'd be able to have that conversation and keep a straight face.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"