Connecticut Babies
Options

Beach Recommendations!

Ok ladies!  With the weather finally getting nicer (knock on wood) DH and I were talking about taking DS to the beach this summer.  Neither of us are from CT and we are not very familiar with the shore.  What are the best beaches for a good day trip?  I can't wait to get DS in the sand :-)

Re: Beach Recommendations!

• Options
    I prefer Soundview in Old Lyme. The parking lot cost $10 this past year, as well as the residents that have parking in their yards. Parking on the street is free if your lucky enough to find it. The only downfall is that there are not any public facilities other than the portapotties in the parking area.
  • Options
    I grew up in Southeastern Connecticut, and my family would always bring us to Ocean Beach in New London. It has this awesome boardwalk with little shops along it. It's a great family beach. They also have waterslides and a regular pool, but you have to pay extra for those. There also is a parking fee, but I can't remember how much. This is where I plan on taking my little one for his or her first ocean visit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We go to Hammanasset (sp?), but that would be a wicked drive from Danbury.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

An hour an a half isn't that bad really.  I've heard other people talking about this beach too.  Are there good facilities, parking, etc?  Thanks!

• Options
    Yes! Parking, ammenities all close! Its more like an hour form Danbury. We are moving to Madison in June. Oh, its also SUPER clean!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My inlaws are near Danbury and always took their kids to Hammanassett.
  • Options
    Rocky Neck- I think it's in Old Lyme area?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"