North Carolina Babies

Update: I think I'm going!

I just spoke to our attorney's office and they are okay with me coming to sign the paperwork tonight for both closings, so it looks like I won't have to be there Thursday after all. I booked a flight for first thing Thursday morning that gets me to Boston at 8am. The funeral is at 11am about an hour away so I should be able to make it in time.

I am still worried that something is going to go wrong at closing though. Is this a bad idea? DH said go, he can handle it. But I still worry!

Re: Update: I think I'm going!

• That is great!  With the attorneys knowing what's going on, I can't imagine that in the off chance that something happens, that they couldn't accommodate you somehow. Best wishes for smooth travel, and enjoy seeing your family and paying tribute to your grandfather!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• That's wonderful news!  I'm so glad you were able to work that out.  Safe travels. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • not a bad idea.  That is great news that things worked out and the closing can still go on and you can go pay your respects.  have a safe flight.
  • I don't think it's a bad idea, I'm sure you'll DH will manage without you. Glad you were able to figure out a way to get there, I'm sure it will really help to be there with your family to say goodbye. I'm sorry again for your loss, I hope you have a safe trip!
  • I'm glad you found a way to make it work!  As far as something going wrong at closing, try to put it out of your mind -- the flight has been booked, you will have signed the papers, it is out of your hands now. Safe travels!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad it worked out. I don't think you are crazy it sounds like everyone knows the situation, you've done everything you can to make sure your end goes smoothly and now you just need to go and be with your family.  I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Your DH and lawyers should be able to handle the closing. Go and spend time with your loved ones during this difficult time!  ::Hugs::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemurph04:
    I'm glad you found a way to make it work!  As far as something going wrong at closing, try to put it out of your mind -- the flight has been booked, you will have signed the papers, it is out of your hands now. Safe travels!

this 

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • I'm glad it worked out so that you're able to go back for the funeral. Again, I'm sorry for your loss, but I hope this gives you some closure and peace of mind.
  • im so glad you are able to make it up there...everythign down here should be fine especially since DH will be here!!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That is wonderful news! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad you got it worked out to go - I know I probably would have done the same thing.  Try not to worry about the closing, you are doing the right thing  So sorry for your loss and have safe travels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"