Long Island Babies
Options

Huntington Hospital

Anyone hear any feedback or reviews of Huntington Hospital? My doctor is only affiliated with HH. 

Re: Huntington Hospital

• Options
    I have heard that the maternity ward is great there! I believe they have private labor deliver and post part um rooms for all patients which is really nice!
  • Options
    I actually met an L&D nurse at a baby shower a few months back from Huntington and she told us that they received high praises from the state and got some sort of merit award. I have heard great things about this hospital. I think you'll be in good hands.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered there for my first and will again for my second, since my OB is only affiliated with HH.

I have mixed reviews about it. first, unless they changed the policy, the rooms are NOT private. And if you want a private recovery room, it's $500 per day and given on a first come, first serve basis once you GET to the hospital...can't reserve in advance.

I delivered DS at midnight, and the overnight staff that night was TERRIBLE. They were rude, inconsiderate, and lazy.

There was one maternnity nurse who was wonderful during my 5 day stay there (c-section). Don't remember her name, but she was great...blond hair, young.

The daytime staff for the most part was fantastic. The head nurse was amazing..even the CNA's were so nice.

The L&D nurses were also great. Kept me very calm as I was so nervous about the c-section. SHe held my hand as I got the spinal and talked me through most of the procedure.

The website says there's very specific rules about visiting times/number of people that can visit...most of it being bullcrap (again, unless they changed the policy in 2 years). There are specific times when people can come...like the baby had to be back in the nursery by 5:30 and people can re-visit starting at 7:30 but the babies are in the nursery...not allowed back out. But, the website said only family during the day with the baby and only 2-4 at a time...not true. My room was PACKED with people and they didn't care. BUT, that baby had to be back in there by 5:30..security came around to check. Then the babies can come back out at night, but people have to be gone by then, I think 9:30 but only the dads can stay. And dads CAN'T stay the night.

The food was not bad. The nice thing was there was a little pantry on the floor with juice and snacks in it that patients can take what they want even though the door says nurses only.

Stay on top of the nurses to give you your meds...especially the night ones. Sometimes they think b/c they have the night shift it'll be easier b/c you're sleeping, but they won't wake you up most of the time to take your meds. So when you wake up and you've skipped that dose of pain meds, you FEEL it.  OUCH!

If i think of anything else I will add...pm me if you have any more questions. hope that helps!Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"