Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Lurker with a question..(long)

Are any of you ladies fighting with hypothyroidism?..I was diagnosed at the age of 12 when they found my first tumor..The tumor was removed with the right lobe of my thyroid soon after..A few years later the left lobe and the parathyroids were removed as well due to tumors..I have been, and was told I would always have to take thyroid hormones for the rest of my life since I now I don't have one..I was also told that getting pg was going to be a hard battle..After very little time we got pg with the twins and now I am 20wks along..We have had a hard time trying to figure out the right amount my hormones to regulate through the past few months..Two weeks ago after a few tests we saw that I am producing certain thyroid hormones, enough so the Dr took me off my meds..This makes no sense to him so I had u/s of my neck and other then a few stray tumors nothings growing back..I asked if maybe the babies thyroids could be taking over for my lack there of, but he said he had never heard of this..I am scared the tests are wrong and I really need the hormones to keep the babies healthy..Though the OB is watching me closely..

I have researched and posted on many thyroid boards on the internet and no one has any more idea then we do..I am not complaining, because it is great but I cannot be the only one out there that this has happened to..I am trying to post this to several boards to see if anyone may have any other ideas..Thanks ladies!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!

Re: Lurker with a question..(long)

• Options

First - congratulations on the twins!

2nd:  I have hypothyroidism, but not to the extend you do - I still have my thyroid, just on meds to maintain.  They did have to adjust my meds throughout my pregnancy, but, again, I still have my thyroid.

I'm not sure what your case is, but it is definitely interesting!  I'd love to know the answer if you ever find one.  ;-)

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I just looked quickly and didn't see a post re: this on the Infertility board, so if you haven't, you may want to try there, too.  Just in case.
    My first haircut!

IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you post on IF, make sure to place a "ticker warning" in the subject line.
  • Options

imageyogisunam:
    If you post on IF, make sure to place a "ticker warning" in the subject line.

Good add, Yogi.  Thank you. 

Or if you feel more comfortable, try the Success After IF board.

My first haircut!

• Options
    Great advice!..Thank you very much ladies!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"