Pregnant after 35

Back from CVS today

I had it done through my abdomen.  I'd rate it an 8 on the "yikes that's a big needle going into my belly!" scale and a 3.5 on the pain scale.  I finally got to see the baby with the U/S so it made up for everything.

Re: Back from CVS today

• I know you are relieved to have it behind you. I'm sure you'll be even more relieved to get the results! I had my CVS about a month ago (they did both babies through the abdomen, which I actually preferred). Call me weird, but I'd rather deal with something/needle going through my belly.  Your rating system is right on though!

Good luck! 

• I never got to see the needle (thank you!) since mine was cervical, but the cervical was more like a 5-6 scale for me. Glad your procedure went well!
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • amjraamjra member
    OMG, good to hear I guess.  I am scheduling mine for a few weeks from now.  But I'm still terrified!!

After suffering such late losses last time, I can't bear the thought of finding out at the "big US" @ 20 wks+ or even after the AFP test @14 wks+ that there is something wrong.  Earlier rather than later you know? 

However I am sh*t scared.  Sometimes though, ignorance is bliss.  *sigh* So much for early first tri ignorance. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"