Detroit Babies
Options

24wks preg & stuck on bedrest at St Joes AA for weeks!!

Has anyone had to be on best rest inpatient before? I am at St.Joes in AnnArbor and I amm going crazy. I was pregnant with twins and at 15 weeks I miscarried one of the twins. After he delivered they sent me home and at 23 weeks I am back in the hospital for bleeding and contrations. I am super lonely and bored and just wondering if anyone has gone through this. I don't have a lot of family here in Michigan so I'm basically just idle in my room. How did you cope? Thanks

Re: 24wks preg & stuck on bedrest at St Joes AA for weeks!!

• Options
    I have never been on bedrest, but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you have to go through all that.  T&P's are with you and your LO!  Keep us posted on everything!
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options

First sorry about what you are going through. I will keep you in my thoughts.

One of my best friends was on bedrest for 3 months for her first pregnancy. For her second she was sent to the hospital for bedrest at 22 weeks pregnant until she delivered. She was bored also. We put a care package together for her with books, dvds, cds and snacks.

Maybe you can sign up for netflix and someone can bring you movies if you have a laptop or DVD player or go to the library for you to get books.

Also some of us are on here during the day to keep you company!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First, I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you the best in the rest of your pregnancy.  What a tough 24 weeks you've been through!

I haven't been on bed rest, but the advice above is what I've usually read on these boards.  Also I've heard it helps to truly take it one day at a time, only think about the day ahead and how much you're helping your LO by being there.  Take pride in the hard work you are doing...even though the hard work is so boring and lonely. 

Best of luck!  Hang in there.

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I am taking it one day at a time but i will def be coming on more now that i found these boards.
  • Options

There is a high risk board that you can check out too, many are on Bed Rest, so you can ask them what they are doing as well.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At least you are at a great hospital, its where i delivered.  I loved all of the nurses and doctors there!  Im sorry you have to be on bedrest, that must be so boring.  When i was pregnant with my son and getting bigger i stayed at home a lot and that alone was boring. I like the netflix idea someone had and having someone bring you some books! 
  • Options

I spent 10 weeks on hospital bedrest at Royal Oak Beaumont when I was pregnant with my daughter.  The only things that kept me sane were my laptop and visitors every night.  I think DH only missed 3 or 4 days total.  My parents rotated nights and the inlaws stopped by a couple times a week.  I'd go crazy if I didn't have 1 visitor there a day.  Plus the laptop was my only connection to the outside world.  I suggest you start a blog and update it daily.  Can you get a wheelchair pass?  My Ob let me out of my room for 1 hour once a week with my family.  They would take me to the gift shops and Starbucks.  RO Beaumont also has a Ben and Jerry's which was one of my favorite places to go.

Good luck, if you have any questions or are just bored send me a message.  I hope you keep that baby cooking!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had the baby 3 weeks ago. His name is Isaiah Nathaniel Riley. He's in the NICU but doing pretty well

Read my baby's story.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/mylittlenugget

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"