Minnesota Babies

Hospital Rec's

Hi ladies, My dh and I are moving to Eden Prairie in June. We currently live in DC. I want to know your experiences or what you've heard about the Western Metro hospitals. We had lots of complications with DD's birth and we are looking for a hospital with a GREAT L&D and PICU. TIA

Re: Hospital Rec's

• Hi. Early welcome to Minnesota. June will be a great time to move here. I moved from DC three years ago.

I don't know much about the hospitals in the southwest suburbs. I know the Southdale hospital which is in Edina has a great reputation, but I don't go there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmplskmpls member
    Welcome! I live in EP and delivered at Southdale Fairview - it was great. The best hospital for complications would probably be Abbott near downtown as it is attached to Children's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekmpls:
    Welcome! I live in EP and delivered at Southdale Fairview - it was great. The best hospital for complications would probably be Abbott near downtown as it is attached to Children's.

I can't vouch for Abbott because I didn't deliver there... but Children's Hospital next to it is amazing.  I would feel completely comfortable delivering there if I thought there might be a need for my child to be in the NICU for a little bit.

I would imagine this would be a very good choice if you are expecting complications.  Hopefully there won't be any, but I understand feeling the need to be prepared.  The hospital I delivered at was great (United in St. Paul) and they also have a Children's hospital attached with a great NICU.  But that is pretty far from where you are.  I made quite a drive to go there... it wasn't that terrible considering that you hopefully only have to go to the hospital you are delivering at once (not including classes or anything).

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Abbott was amazing - the nurses are so nice and attentive. Children's is connected to Abbott via a tunnel in case the baby needs extra attention.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"