Preemies
Options

When did you stop formula?

At 12 months adjusted or actual?

We have WIC to help pay for the very expensive Nutramagen for the twins but it ends at 12 months actual. I was hoping to at least transition slowly to something cheaper for the next 2 months because I really do think they need formula until 12 months adjusted at least.

What did you do? I feel like I asked this before, too. Sorry if I did! I don't *think* I did but that I meant to several times... lol

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

Re: When did you stop formula?

• Options
    We did 12 months actual.  DS was also a 32 weeker, and the pedi said there was no reason we couldn't.  He was well on the growth chart at that point, around 25% if I remember correctly, for his actual age. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We had our 9mo well visit today and our pedi wants us to try to switch to a milk based formula now (from Nutramigin) and then begin the switch to whole milk at 12mos actual.  I'm hoping it doesn't aggrivate her reflux sice we just recently stopped her meds...

If the switch to the milk based formula goes well, I'll likely have 6-8 cans of Nutramigin to send you in a few weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, kkh that would be a HUGE help if you had extras you sent me! Money is stretched soooo tight because DH lost his second job and the WIC decreased the amount of formula they get when they hit 6 months old, even though they still drank the same! Thank you in advance but if you don't end up with extras it's ok! :)

And thank you for the replies, ladies. I am glad to see that we may be able to go to whole milk at 12 months!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    I know with WIC here we could get a form signed by the pedi to receive increased formula at 6mos (rather than have the formula decrease once baby food is added).  That's why we have a bit of a formula backlog right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS was also a 32 weeker.  We stopped at 12 months actual, but like pp, we didn't have weight gain issues.  DS was around 95% by thenSmile
  • Options
    My 32wkr was on EnfaCare until 18 months actual - he needed any extra calories he could get and he wasn't big on eating food.  We only switched because we decided "enough is enough, he can't be on formula forever."
  • Options
    We did 12 months actual.  They are doing well on the weight charts and were already good at eating table foods/solids so the pedi gave us the go ahead.

• Options
    We started the switch around 12 months actual but didn't fully switch over until 12 months adjusted per teh NICU follwoup. My boys also never had any weight issues.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"