South Florida Babies

Happy Monday!

I am determined that this humid...gloomy...gray and wet DAY will somehow be a great one.

:) How are you girls today? How was your weekend?

What a beautiful weekend! The March of Dimes walk went off without a hitch. It was gorgeous out. I am a little sunburned because of it. :) It was awesome. Afterwards we chilled at my parent's house which was nice. DH and Sophie both took naps and I chilled with my sister and BIL for a while. Pure family-style weekend. I don't get enough of those.

Yesterday I went to Ikea for the first time. LOVED IT! We are on a search for Sophie's bedroom. She kept jumping from bed to bed asking, "is this my new bed?" LMAO. Fun times.

Next....?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Monday!

• Great weekend, but too short!  Saturday, I went to a baby shower and then we went to my Godmother's bday dinner at the Doral Resort's Bossa Nova Lounge.

Sunday, we went to Ikea, too.  We were there between noon and 2 p.m.  It was so crowded, though, I doubt I would've spotted you.  We finally got window treatments for our French doors.  We pretty much spent the afternoon installing them (boy, that was a lot of hemming and ironing).  DH continued to paint some of the interior details - like doors and door frames.  But, it just seems like there's not enough time during the weekends to do all this stuff.  DH was going to start painting the exterior, but I'm actually trying to convince him to hire someone to do it.  Even though I want to save money, I just think it's too much for him and every weekend we have some kind of event so it's been over a month and it's still not painted (sorry that turned into a bit of a vent). 

• Crappy weather.  I'll be stuck inside all day - eek!!!

Friday night, we had a playdate with Sam and Mikey, they came over for dinner.  Alexis and Mikey had a lot of fun turning her playroom upside down!! 

saturday we went to ikea - love that place! We got a new piece of furniture for the playroom because we need some more organization in there!! Then we went out to dinner with some friends.

Marc left early sunday for DC and my parents came over yesterday. We went to Sawgrass for a little while, then my dad went home and my mom hung out until Alexis went to sleep.

Mel - what are looking for?  Rooms to Go kids has some really cute stuff for kids! I assume you're not looking for a toddler bed.

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, its been an Ikea kind of weekend, huh? LOL!

Leanna, I am looking for a really light wood - kind of like Lexi's room. We have been to City Furniture, Rooms to Go Kids, etc and all I keep finding is really boyish looking wood or white for girls...which is kind of irritating. I really don't want white. I found the color I like at Ikea but no twin bed to match. Theirs is birch? Like a maple/pine. I was really wanting a platform type bed but we learned this weekend that Sophie has no problem vaulting herself onto a regular height bed so we are open to that now, too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Natural is so freakin hard to find!! That's what I wanted for her crib and then toddler bed and I really had to search for both!

Have you tried Ideal?  They have some nice stuff and have a lot that can be ordered in different finishes from the catalogs. 

(PS - the ideal is P. Pines is really nice and close to me, so we could have a playdate one day!)

image image

• imageMellyMelB:

Wow, its been an Ikea kind of weekend, huh? LOL!

Leanna, I am looking for a really light wood - kind of like Lexi's room. We have been to City Furniture, Rooms to Go Kids, etc and all I keep finding is really boyish looking wood or white for girls...which is kind of irritating. I really don't want white. I found the color I like at Ikea but no twin bed to match. Theirs is birch? Like a maple/pine. I was really wanting a platform type bed but we learned this weekend that Sophie has no problem vaulting herself onto a regular height bed so we are open to that now, too.

LOL, yes!  We've been there three times in the past couple of weeks because we couldn't decide on curtains.  We also need tons of furniture for the new house, but we can never commit when we go there.  We find that their prices are great, but they also start adding up when you want certain configurations. 

I see many more trips in our future since we decided to just get one piece at a time so we don't go through our savings. 

• Glad to hear the March of Dimes and the Relay for Life went well.

We too had a great weekend, but am pooped right now!  Friday night we drove up to Orlando w/ the inlaws and BIL.  Saturday, after the family breakfast, DH and I went off to the golf course.  DH actually shot his best round ever!  I told him the kiddies brought him good luck.  : )  However, after golf, I started to feel real bad... nausea and fatigue.  That evening, we went to the Polynesean Luau w/ the whole group (28 total) which was awesome! 

Yesterday, again, after the family breakfast, DH and I went outlet mall shopping.  I was disappointed we didn't make it to H&M on time.  : (  I did get some maternity clothes!  LOL  I got a pair of Motherhood jeans and 2 adorable tops (same, but 2 diff colors).  Dh was in shock to see how maternity pants worked... he had never seen the "kangaroo belly."  LOL  And he was so excited to see me w/ the fake belly on too.

We ended up waiting for the inlaws to leave the park so they could ride back w/ us (original plan was for them to drive w/ BIL, but they would have been way crowded).  So we got back at midnight!  I am exhausted today.  At least it is a "short" day at work, as I have a doc appt at 4pm.  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The weekends always go too fast.  We had a really great one though.  Yesterday was my cousins joint engagement party.  It was cute - they had signs that said "I do x2"  Since it's a brother and sister that got engaged (yes, of course to other people) within a few months of each other.  Lynda was a dancing machine and only wanted to be on stage.  When the music stopped she begged for more music and dancing.

We had dinner with the IL's that night and L had a blast running around their house and splashing in the hot tub.  Always a good time. 

Saturday feels so long ago I'm actually having a hard time remembering what happened....

We've got pretty busy weekends for the next few weeks so even though I don't like Mondays I just keep getting excited for the next weekend's festivities.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Morning girls! Happy Monday!! I'm actually in a great mood right now and it's all because my breakfast is so yummy. lol. I made omelettes for breakfast yesterday with mushrooms, onions, peppers, ham, and low fat mozz and it's just as good today!

This weekend flew by. On Friday night we went to the hospital to visit Anthony's abuela. She's not looking great. The whole left side of her face is paralyzed but at least she is alert and could talk to us for a little while. We saw all of the family and spent some time together just praying for the best.

Saturday I went to Claudia01's baby sprinkle and it was gorgeous!! Everything was beautiful, especially Claudia :) Sat. night I hung out with my family and we went to eat at my hubby's restaurant.

Yesterday I met with one of my book clubs, went shopping with my best friend and then we went to my hubby's restaurant to have a couple of (light) beers. It was a crazy weekend!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Morning everyone..

What a nasty day today.. Drop off was really fun this morning.. I had to go home and change my shoes (thankfully I live 2 seconds from where they go).

Weekend was great- March of Dimes walk went off awesome!  Afterwards spent some time by the pool (kiddos got to swim- I still cant but I wanted too). 

Saturday night we took my dad to dinner (my mom is out of town with her gfs) and then out for ice cream..

Sunday was church, beach, then some much needed grocery shopping..

All in all waaay too short.. Big Smile

• Morning ladies! Ugh I've got the monday blues. Sleepy but happy these weeks are moving along. Smile

Friday I spent all evening cleaning the house from top to bottom. Sat we were actually working on house repairs. FIL, SIL and niece came over and we tackled a few projects with lighting, elect outlets, etc. that had to get done. I took the girls to the mall and we did some bra shopping. lol We all went to dinner afterwards and had a really nice time. Sunday DH and I went and picked up my mom & brother and headed out to the beach. They did some fishing while my mom and I got a little sun. We then went home, ate, worked out, showered and fell asleep at 8:30pm. hahahaha 1st time ever but I think the sun wore me out.

• imagemiamicubajam:

fell asleep at 8:30pm.

Oh so lucky!  I think I may do this tonight!  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good morning & happy Monday :)

I heard the weather over there is extremely gloomy & that ya'll are having tornado warnings..is that right? Anyhow, our weekend was nice...fast, but nice nonetheless. Carley learned how to sit unassisted (it only lasts for a few seconds before she topples over & we took some overdue 4 month pictures (about 3 weeks late! lol). Hopefully the weather will turn around for you guys.

Mel: I saw your pictures from the March. I'm glad it was such a success.

• AlbahAlbah member

Hi Ladies! So far not a bad day! I even got to leave work a little early. :)

The weekend was very nice and busy busy! We had a wedding on Saturday so the hubby and I got to spend some time together without our little one. We then ran a few errands on SUnday, including getting E's new bed! :)

Mel, we got the bed at American Signature. We wanted something on the low side and found a bed that was actually part of a "bunkbed" set and was able to buy it separately! It was a full bed for a very good price. They have other things - the Arts and Crafts collection has a natural color, which I actually have the adult queen bed. You may want to take a sneak peak at their website. Have a great day everyone!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"