Secondary IF

Results from the HSG this morning

My left tube was clear and the dye went through perfectly and quickly.

My right tube is completely blocked and no dye made it through at all.  She kept trying to push dye through over and over again but didn't want to keep injecting me with all that dye.  

So she is sending the results and the images to my RE and she said he will decide what to do from here but isn't sure that IUI is looking very favorable anymore. 

She mentioned concern about ectopic pregnancy in the right tube if I got pregnant but I'm not sure what that means if it's blocked... how can anything get in or out?!

So that's my bad news for the week already.  The way I keep getting news, I'm waiting for my next u/s to tell me that my entire uterus just fell out somewhere.

Re: Results from the HSG this morning

• That is disappointing. I am so sorry. You do have one open tube though. Did she mention that the blocked one could have a spasm and that is why it was not open?

I do not know much about it, but are they able to clear them out? That may be a lame question. 

Again I am sorry you have another road block. You will have another baby lady!

• She believes it's blocked by fragments of the fibroid that she had gone in to remove a few months ago.

You know what upset me the most though? DH hasn't once asked about the results or how it went. And he knew full well that it was so painful when I had it done last time that I cried through it.

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh about DH. They just do not think. Can you just tell him that you thought he would have asked and are hurt that he didn't?

We see a counselor from our original IF days, and that is one thing I have learned to do. Just tell him, and not expect him to know what I need. You need him to be supportive. Yes he should do it without asking, but he isn't.

I am sorry about the whole freaking situation!

• Yeah I told him that I was hurt that he didn't ask at all.  He never responded.
  • Wow, sorry you're having a tough start to your week. Hope things get better :)
  • So for what its worth, my 1st HSG showed a completely occluded left tube. However, later that month, I had a cycle that produced 2 very mature follies on the left & 1 medicore one on the right. So either, my daughter was the mediocure follie or my left wasn't blocked.

In HSG's often, if there's a spasm - it only gets worse the more they try and push. I'd really suggest you talk to your RE about this possibility because it happens a lot. At my subsequent HSG's - my left and right are both clear!

Another thing is - if its COMPLETELY BLOCKED, then there's no risk for ectopic because no sperm is getting up and no egg is getting down it. That was a ridiculous claim unless the tech misrepresented the findings or doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Def talk to your RE....I'm sorry for this discouraging news...being down this road, I know it sucks but having subsequent HSGs, I also have hope! :D

Does your insurance cover it? Could you repeat next cycle if need be?
  • imageMrsT1209:

She believes it's blocked by fragments of the fibroid that she had gone in to remove a few months ago.

If she thought it was from the fibroids, I'd ask her why she didn't, during the lap, check the tubes?! I would not be happy at this answer.

• Insurance covered it through my OB.  I'm not sure how many more they will cover and most likely would just do it through the RE if it needs to be done again.

I'm so tired of all these procedures and having crap shoved up my vagina.

And I'm tired of bleeding. I feel like I bleed for a good 40% of the month.

• imageMrsT1209:

Insurance covered it through my OB.  I'm not sure how many more they will cover and most likely would just do it through the RE if it needs to be done again.

I'm so tired of all these procedures and having crap shoved up my vagina.

And I'm tired of bleeding. I feel like I bleed for a good 40% of the month.

I couldn't agree more! The only good thing is - I guess I'd rather be playing this sh!tty game when I know all of the rules. Meaning, if there is genuine blockage, I'd want to know about it but if there isn't and it was just spasm, then I'd want to know that too. Likewise, if she was in there doing a lap and DIDN'T CHECK TUBES you need to know that to potentially contest for another lap (for insurance to cover) via poor practice on your previous MD's part.
  • Sorry about the news. (((Hugs)))
  • Aw, I'm so sorry you are starting your week like this! It HAS to turn around for you soon.

And I'm sorry your DH is being less than supportive.  It sucks when "strangers" on the internet pay more attention than the future daddy.  I'm sure we have all experienced that at some point or another.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Awwwww, I'm so sorry you keep getting crappy news :(  

I agree with pp, it could be a spasm. On my second HSG during my lap it showed one of my tubes blocked, we had a repeat HSG the next month and it was open. Dr said it had just been a spasm. Even when we thought we may only have one open tube my dr was still thinking that IUI was a good path for us.

Hang in there, things will start looking up for you soon (((hugs)))

• I definitely agree that you should wait and see what your RE says....it might not be quite as bad as you think!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry...that blows! {{{HUGS}}}
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I am so sorry about the recent news.  I know how much it sucks.  I cried when I got the news about both my tubes.  Hugs!  You will get PG soon! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • I'm sorry you're having a rough start to your week.  My right tube is blocked and I have a large tumor consuming my left ovary but our RE still felt confident about IUI (which has worked twice for us now).  As long as your ovary is ok, you can still ovulate from the blocked side and (according to our RE), the other tube can pick up the ovulated egg(s) from either side.

GL!! 

• I'm sorry. (hugs)
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"